Job vacancies at Tembo Nickel Corporation. Nickel Corporation (“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19 January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining, processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents strength, community and longevity. Nickel aims to become a sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical battery minerals to the world.
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join Tembo Nickel Project Team. This role is reporting to the Project Superintendent. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining electrical systems for buildings, transport systems and power distribution networks and ensuring activities are carried out safely and adhering to Tembo Nickel safety standards, procedures, and policies
Duty Station-Tembo Nickel Project site – Kabanga Roster: 6/3
Duties and Responsibilities
- ▪ Ensure possible hazards on route and inside workplaces identified, rectified and/or reported daily when on shift and record kept.
- ▪ Conduct Field Level Risk Assessment completed accurately for every task done.
- ▪ Ensure Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily -Isolation,
Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
- ▪ Scheduling kitchen equipment inspections daily, weekly, Monthly & identified defects reported within the shift.
- ▪ Conduct Preventive Maintenance Schedule & work carried out accordingly daily.
- ▪ Ensure the appropriate PPE for the task at hand is used by all team members.
- ▪ Assist and conduct incident/accident investigations.
- ▪ Conduct Job Safety Analysis is conducted accurately for every task with a Standard Operating Procedure.
- ▪ Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job.
- ▪ Ensure Emergency power generators switching, and connection well maintained.
- ▪ Installing and maintaining of all electrical equipment to reduce unplanned maintenance
and optimize availability.
- ▪ Overhaul electrical equipment in accordance with set company policies and procedures.
- ▪ Carry out defined and necessary electrical equipment checks.
- ▪ Under the guidance of project superintendent, provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to colleagues.
- ▪ Implementation and execution of all tasks and instructions as instructed by superintendent.
- ▪ Prepare and file all always required records ready for auditing, electronic & hard copies.
- ▪ Ensure the camp powerhouse is well maintained to comply with required standards.
- ▪ Support the construction and connection of 33Kva and 220Kva power line for camp and plant.
Qualifications and Competencies
- ▪ Degree certificate in Electrical.
- ▪ Domestic and industrial electrical.
- ▪ Must be registered with ERB.
- ▪ Minimum of 5 years working experience on industrial and domestic electrical.
- ▪ ExperienceonVoltageswitchingfromGeneratortoTANESCO.
- ▪ Emergence Power Generation is an added advantage.
- ▪ Valid driving license is an added advantage.
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit a Chief Security Advisor to join Tembo Nickel Corporation Limited. This role is based at Dar es salaam Country Office. The Successful candidate is part of Tembo Nickel Management Team and will be responsible for developing Security strategies that comply with International Security standards as well as Tanzania Local Content regulations. This role will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- ▪ Oversee strategic and operational planning as it relates to the administration of TNCL. Ensure departmental structure, organization, and systems can sustain security operations.
- ▪ Provide leadership for TNCL to ensure it is strategically and efficiently structured and staffed to best serve our diverse visitor needs, safety, to meet operational financial guidelines and protect the Company.
- ▪ Ensure Tembo Nickel and all partners including contractors and consultants comply to international standards of Voluntary Human Rights principles.
- ▪ Review and maintain comprehensive strategic plans for all aspects of security TNCL including the Emergency Response manual.
- ▪ Oversee operational planning and implementation, including all aspects of managing the security staff, from hiring and training, to scheduling, and policy and procedures compliance audits.
- ▪ In conjunction with OHS, HR and Security Contractors, develop a comprehensive risk management program, in alignment with TNCL policies and procedures.
- ▪ Oversee management of integrated security system, including all hardware and software applications and development of and adherence to appropriate protocols. Ensure all equipment is up to date and in working order.
- ▪ Assure emergency response protocols and relevant documentation are current, all staff is appropriately trained, and required communications systems are in place. Conduct emergency drills regularly.
- ▪ Prepares, maintains, and assures adherence to budgets and schedule for all security department projects.
- ▪ Ensure compliance with all requisite regulations concerning employee and public health and safety. Required Qualifications and Skills.
- ▪ BA/BS or the equivalent combination of education and experience. IFCPP Security certification preferred.
- ▪ 15+ years relevant leadership experience required. Experience as a member of a security team in complex environmental is desired.
- ▪ Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy using M365 products, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and other software programs.
- ▪ In-depth knowledge of security systems and protocols.
- ▪ Demonstrated experience with diverse work environments and commitment to local
▪ 15 Years of work experience in Security, 10 years in Security Senior Management role.
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tittle in the subject via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date is 18th August,2023
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we
do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.