Forest Assistant II at Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) – 20 Posts
(ONE YEAR RENEWABLE CONTRACT)
Tanzania Forest Services (TFS) Agency is a semi-autonomous Government Agency established through Government Notice No. 269 of 30th July, 2010 under Executive Agency Act (Cap. 245) as amended from time to time. The Agency implements the National Forest and Beekeeping Policy of 1998 and the Forest Act (Cap 323 R.E of 2002) and Beekeeping Act Cap 224 R.E of 2002 which provide the legal framework for the management of forests and bee resources. The agency is among four units forming the Wildlife and Forest Conservation Service established by the Written Laws (Miscellaneous Amendments) (No. 2) Act, 2020.
The Headquarters is located at Misitu House in Itega Area,Dodoma.TFS operates in seven zones as follows: Eastern zone (Kibaha in Pwani Region), Southern zone (Masasi District in Mtwara Region), Southern Highlands zone (Mbeya City in Mbeya Region), Northern zone (Same District in Kilimanjaro Region), Western zone (Tabora Municipal in Tabora Region), Lake zone (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central zone (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region). All operational matters of the Agency are handled at the Zones, while the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITIONS
TFS Lake Zone has 62 vacant positions, which need to be filled immediately with suitably qualified Tanzanians. The following are the particulars related to these positions:
Job Title: Forest Assistant II (20-Posts)
Duty Station: Lake Zone
- Holder of Form IV/VI plus Certificate in one of the following fields: Forestry, Mechanical Wood Industry, Forest Industries Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- To collect and good keeping of tree seeds;
- To tend tree seedlings and management of tree nurseries;
- To manage trees and forests;
To undertake patrols within the forests;
- To inspect and grade forest products;
- To carry out menstruation in forest;
- To carry out forest extension services;
- To carry out any other duties as assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
- Applicants must have clean criminal record;
- Application Letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names, Postal Address, email address and Telephone number.
- Certifies Copies of Certificates
- Only Successful candidates will be contacted for further Procedures.
- All applications should be submitted through address mentioned below only.
Interested applicants should submit their applications by 25th August, 2023 3:30 PM through the following address:
Tanzania Forest Services Agency,
P.O BOX 919,