Table of Contents
NSFAS application 2024 opening date, www.nsfas.org.za apply 2024, my.nsfas.org.za online application, NSFAS Bursary is a lifeline for many South African students who cannot pay for their education. Find out how this program works and how it can benefit you.
A student whose application for financial aid is rejected, or the financial aid for a continuing student is withdrawn , may lodge an appeal with the NSFAS.
- The appeal decisions are subject to budget availability.
- Appeals will only be considered for students who has applied to NSFAS for Financial Aid.
NSFAS opening date for 2024
NSFAS application 2024 opening date, The opening date for 2024 online applications for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has not been announced yet.
The NSFAS 2024 online application portal may be active from 28 September 2023 to 31 January 2024 based on latest updates.
Requirements to apply for NSFAS 2024?
To apply for the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), you must meet the following criteria:
- All beneficiaries of SASSA grants
- Must have email address and mobile phone number
- Be a South African citizen with a valid ID
- Be a student entering a university or TVET college for the first time
- Household income cannot exceed R350,000 per year
- Must meet the academic requirements for admission to a university or TVET college Household income of persons with disabilities must not exceed R600,000 per year
- The proof of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable,)
- Your parents, guardian or spouse’s evidence of income
- Those who are SASSA grant recipient, are not to have any proof of income.
- All Applicants with a disability are to submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- All recognised applicants as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
www.nsfas.org.za apply 2024
The online application process for the National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) 2024 is very simple, easy and accurate. For online applications, you will be notified of any missing or incorrect information. This will ensure that you provide all relevant information during your online application.
How to Apply for NSFAS Online 2024 by following the instructions below:
- Go to the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za to apply in 2024
- Click on the “myNSFAS” tab at the top right of the page.
- Login with your ID number and password to run the app
- If you do not have an ID number, create a “myNSFAS account”
- A student certificate will be ready for you to apply
- Click the Apply tab and complete the sections on the screen
- If necessary, download the necessary documents
- Then click “Submit” to submit your application for review.
Who cannot appeal?
Students are not permitted to appeal if they:
- Are registered for a qualification that NSFAS does not fund;
- They have reached N+2 (or N+3 in the case of students with disabilities).
- The student is a gap year student who NSFAS previously denied financial aid to because s/he did not meet the academic eligibility criteria.
- The institution has not submitted their registration record to NSFAS or has submitted an incorrect registration record such enquiries should be directed to the institution.