KZN Nursing College 2024 | http //kzncn.kzn health.gov.za 2024, kzn college of nursing online application 2024. The purpose of the Diploma in Nursing programme is to develop a generalist nurse who can demonstrate focused knowledge and skills in general nursing. This programme takes into account the Primary Health Care (PHC) approach and encompasses the core competencies for disease prevention, health promotion, treatment and rehabilitation required to tackle the physical and psychosocial determinants of health, with the aim of contributing towards strengthening healthcare systems through delivery of comprehensive, high quality and safe nursing services.
KZN Nursing College 2024 (http //kzncn.kzn health.gov.za 2024)
Prospective students willing to register for this qualification must be in possession of a National Senior Certificate (NSC). Minimum Matric score of 25 points will be calculated according to standardized approved point system (APS). Only a maximum of 6 subjects will be scored and the following subjects are required:
Minimum Requirements – PRE 2008
- English “E” Higher Grade or “D” Standard Grade
- Biology / Physics / Chemistry / Physiology: “E” Higher Grade or “D” Standard Grade
- Mathematics: “E” Higher Grade or “D” Standard Grade
Minimum Requirements – FROM 2008
- National Senior Certificate:Diploma
- Minimum:25 points
- English L4
- Home Language / First Additional Language L3
- Maths L3 / Maths Literacy L5
- Life Science / Physical Science L4
- Life Orientation L4 and
- Any other 2 subjects.
NB Life Orientation (LO) will not be scored.
KZN Nursing College 2024 Intake Application
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- An advertisement for nurse training posts appear in the local newspaper(s), local hospitals, clinics and KZN health website once a year – requirements of the training programme will be stipulated in the advertisement.
- Instructions in the advert are to be complied with e.g. regarding the information to be submitted and documentation to be uploaded with the application.
- It is not necessary to fill in application forms (Z83) at this stage.
- No hand delivered applications will be accepted or entertained.
No applications are to be directed to the training institutions/hospitals or head office (Natalia), or the
KwaZulu-Natal College of Nursing.
- Ensure that the advertisement is read in its entirety especially with regard to responses to applicants.
- Due to the large number of applications an ticipated, only successful applications will be responded to.
- Any applicant, who failed to complete the 4-year Diploma programme and was excluded for academic and/or any other reasons deemed so by the College Senate, will not be eligible for entry into the same programme.
- All shortlisted candidates will undergo a compulsory knowledge assessment, medical surveillance including a medical examination and verification of all documentation.
- The Kwazulu-Natal Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful candidates in the form of a bursary.
- Successful candidates will be required to sign an agreement with the Department of Health, will be expected to attend as a full time student, be prepared to attend lectures and participate in work integrated leaming (WIL) in shifts which shall include public holidays, weekends and nights, within the KwaZulu-Natal Department of Health Hospital and Clinics as part of the programme requirements.
- On completion of training, students will be registered with the South African Nursing Council as General Nurses category in line with the Nursing Act (Act No. 33 of 2005).
How do I apply for academic admission 2024 (http //kzncn.kzn health.gov.za 2024)?
http //kzncn.kzn health.gov.za 2024
1. Click button apply for 2024 to complete your profile.
2. Documents to be uploaded with your online application:
- Copy of matric certificate and identity document.
- Proof of residence or affidavit.
- Copies of highest qualifications
- A signed affidavit from the Commissioner of Oath, indicating that you have not previously benefited from the Department of Health bursary system at the KZN College of Nursing.
NB. Failure to comply with the above instructions will disqualify applicants.
3. Click apply now button on the student details page to complete your application .
4. Take note of the following:
- All certificates and addresses will be verified for authenticity.
- Applicants currently registered for studies elsewhere will not be considered for admission.
- Applicants who are receiving any other source of funding for study purposes will not be considered.
- Due to the large number of applications expected; only successful applicants will be notified.
- Registered or posted mail, hand delivered or e-mailed applications will NOT be accepted.
More information Visit official webage KZN Nursing Intake 2024 Application