ARCHITECT II at NSSF – 2 Posts
National Social Security Fund (NSSF) as part of our commitment to encourage growth and development within the Fund, we are excited to announce 392 internal job opportunities available for all Fund’s employees with specific task contracts. Only candidates who are in specific task contract term within the Fund should apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To participate in the creation of building and landscape and interior designs with sufficient details and specifications as per set requirements
- To liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential construction projects;
- To work closely with a team of other professionals such as civil engineers, quantity surveyors, construction managers and architectural technologists;
- To facilitate application for building permit for construction of new buildings;
- To assess construction project proposals on development of real estate properties within the Corporation;
- To participate in physical inspection of buildings, proposed construction sites within the Corporation or where the Corporation is contracted;
- To prepare periodic architectural reports;
- To participate in the preparation of project implementation and maintenance programs of infrastructure facilities, utilities services and any other strategic investment undertaken by the Corporation;
- To attend site meetings and prepare minutes;
- To organize and manage project architectural activities;
- To prepare project execution plans and performance management plans and monitor the performance contractors;
- To evaluate bids for contractors and make recommendations for awarding contracts;
- To review detailed drawings and specifications;
- To prepare tender document (drawings and specifications) for contracts;
- To ensure that project environment impact is limited;
- To organize and manage, testing and commissioning in coordination with other professionals;
- To identify defects and manage remedial works;
- To undertake contract administration duties as and when required;
- To manage preparation of unit plans;
- To prepare as built drawings for outsourced projects, operating and maintenance manuals, studies and closure (technical) reports; and
- To perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in one of the following; Architecture, Building Design, Architectural and Building Engineering Technology, Landscape Architecture, Architectural Technology, Architectural Engineering, Interior Design or any other related qualification from a recognized institution. Must be registered by AQRB as a Graduate Architectural Technologist.
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years;
ii. People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in their application letter.
iii. Women are highly encouraged to apply;
iv. Applicants should route their application letter through their Regional Managers and Directors for those who are in the headquarter;
v. No candidate is allowed to apply for more than two (2) posts;
vi. For those who will apply for two (2) posts each post should have its own application;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates and transcripts;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination
A valid Professional Registration Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable).
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: –
- Form IV and form VI results
- Testimonials and all Partial
- An applicant who is retired/resigned from the Public Service should indicate reasons for resignation or retirement;
- Management will have mandate to post qualified candidates to any working stations within the Fund Offices.
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTVET).
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Director General, National Social Security Fund, P.O. Box 1322, Benjamin Mkapa Pension Towers, Azikiwe St, Dar Es Salaam,
- Deadline for application is 29th September, 2023;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal
NOTE: The number of vacancy positions for each working station is hereby attached as appendix No.1
National Social Security Fund, P.O.BOX 1322,