Majina ya waliopata mkopo 2023/2024 DPF download. The Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) is a body corporate established under Act No.9 of 2004 (as amended in 2007, 2014 and 2016) with the objective of assisting needy and eligible Tanzania students to access loans and grants for higher education. The main mandates of HESLB include:
- To assist, on a loan basis, needy students who secure admission in accredited higher learning institutions, but who have no economic power to pay for the costs of their education
- To collect due loans from loan beneficiaries and use it as revolving fund to sustain operations of the Board
- To create synergies through establishing strategic partnerships in student financing ecosystem.
HESLB Loan Application process
HESLB executes one of the key mandates in administering loans to students pursuing higher education. Every year, the Board prepares the Loan Application almanac to guide on the process of loan issuance to needy and eligible students. As per the almanac, Loan Application Window opens once annually. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students who are eligible are invited to apply.
Criteria on eligibility and the application process is stipulated in the Loan Application Guideline for the respective year which can be downloaded on this site. Prospective applicants are encouraged to read the guidelines carefully, prepare the prerequisites and make their application online through the Online Application and Management System (OLAMS).
Criteria used for student to get Loan
- Be a Tanzanian
- He has applied for a loan in the prescribed manner (online)
- He has obtained admission to a recognized college and his name has been submitted to the Credit Board
- He should not have another source to finance his university studies (sponsor, ZHELB etc.)
- Detailed information about the characteristics and parameters is provided by the Manual
Majina ya waliopata mkopo 2023/2024
The HESLB list of successful undergraduate loan beneficiaries for the academic year 2023/24 are usually released by HESLB after the completion of the loan allocation process to the neediest. We are expecting that the HESLB list of successful undergraduate loan beneficiaries for the academic year 2023/24 is anticipated to be released by the end of October 2023
The HESLB neediest applicants will be successfully allocated for the 2023/2024 academic year (Majina ya waliopata mkopo 2023/24 pdf) based on the newly HESLB guidelines and criteria for issuance of students’ loans and Grants for the 2023/2024 academic year. Sadly, due to some reasons, some applicants will not be allocated for HESLB loans 2023/2024 during the first batch, in such a case they will be required to wait for other upcoming batches.
How to check you loan status 2023/2024 | SIPA login
You can check your loan status by login in your SIPA account/ Student individual permanent account (SIPA) is the account you used to apply for a loan. Visit your SIPA account to get information about your Loan application.