Rebuild Mechanical Trainer at Barrick North Mara
The Barrick North Mara Team is seeking to recruit a Rebuild Mechanical Trainer to join and grow our team.
Join our exceptional team and embody Barrick’s core values as you work with us. We are in search of individuals who can champion Barrick’s DNA by:
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
If you’re ready to contribute to our world-class team while embracing these values, we encourage you to apply and become a valued member of our diverse workforce.
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintaining, repairing mechanical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and Routine inspection on a variety of UG machines Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Mobile Maintenance Superintendent.
- Ensure that mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all Barrick safe work practices are observed and implemented in the department of responsibility.
- Ensure the preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules on the basis of daily, weekly and monthly mining and ore processing priorities.
- Supervising, training, developing and nationalization of the maintenance team.
- End of month reporting of maintenance performance against plan.
- The quality, cost and timeliness of maintenance activities are critical to the project as a whole.
- Ensure maintenance costs are kept to, or below assigned budget.
- Display a sense of urgency to ensure timely repair and maintenance of mine equipment.
- Contribute to the operations by ensuring that all maintenance activities are planned and completed in a cost-effective manner with minimal disruption to ore processing and mining activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Actively promote and foster the development of a pro-active site safety behaviors that makes safety an integral part of all work activities.
- Identify and rectify/report specific hazards using Job Safety Analysis (JSA) process.
- Assist with accident/incident investigation and with the induction and training of new employees
- Ensure all employees reporting to this position attend safety related training courses and engage in any of the company’s safety initiatives.
- A relevant trade qualification in mechanical or Technician Certificate from a recognized institution.
- A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years’ Artisanal experience in mechanical fitting and mobile equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated competencies in the rebuild and servicing of underground mining mobile equipment’s.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organization.