Clinical Officer Intern at Ifakara Health Institute 2 Posts
Position: Clinical Officer Intern – 2 Posts
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: October 10, 2023
The Ifakara Health Institute is a health research organization with offices in Ifakara, Dar es Salaam, Ikwiriri, Bagamoyo, and Mtwara, Tanzania.
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks a qualified Clinical Officer to fill an internship position. The Clinical Officer will provide support at the Ifakara Clinical Trial Facility located in Bagamoyo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist patients according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management, Standard Treatment
- Guidelines and Local guidelines.
- Assist in reviewing laboratory results and resolving queries related to data collected.
- Attend internal and external meetings conducted at the facility during study conduct.
- Participate in the development of study standard operating procedures and study documents.
- Assist in communicating and duly following all personnel involved in the trial.
- Assist in supervising study procedures and ensuring that all is done well as per approved protocol
- ICH Guidelines and relevant local regulations (National Institute of Medical Research and Tanzania Food and Drug Authority).
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with accountability and integrity.
- Assist in attending community sensitization meetings to recruit study volunteers.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned by the Project Leader.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- At least one year of working experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Time management to establish priorities and plan the project timelines.
- Knowledge of good clinical practice (GCP).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Effective communication, collaborative and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral communication skills, and proficiency in English and Swahili languages.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Integrity, Initiative, Equity, Excellence, Accountability).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI internship package.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania