Administration and Logistics Officer at Tanzania Health Promotion Support
ADVERTISEMENT FOR VACANCIES
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) through Ministries of Health (MOH) in Mainland and Zanzibar; Ministry Community Development Gender Women and Special Groups; Presidents’ Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG), and the Ministry of Home Affairs with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through the strengthening of health and community systems.
In FY24 year the Government of Tanzania (GOT) under the leadership of the Ministry of Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups and Ministry of Community Development and Gender in Zanzibar; in collaboration with stakeholders through funding from the US Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)/US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will conduct the second Welfare and Health of Youth and Children Survey (WHYS 24).
The WHYS2024 is based on the broader work that has been done through the Together for Girls (TfG) partnership and through funding from the US Presidents Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)/US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Through data, nationally led action, and advocacy, the survey aims to raise awareness, promote evidence-based solutions, and galvanize coordinated action across sectors to end violence against boys and girls, with a special focus on sexual violence against girls. WHYS2024 data are intended to inform a comprehensive, national multi-sector policy and programmatic response to the issue of violence against girls and boys.
WHYS 2024 will be conducted with support from the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance through the U.S. CDC, CDC, Tanzania Office, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) – the lead implementing partner. Data collection will be done by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in Tanzania mainland, The Office of the Chief Government Statistician (OCGS) in Zanzibar, and Survey will be implemented in collaboration with multisectoral partners including, the National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR), the Zanzibar Institute of Health Research (ZAHRI), and Ministries of Health through national Public Health Laboratories, the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, Hepatitis, Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program (ZIHHTLP). THPS will work with NBS and OCGS as subgrantees. The number of completed survey will be 9,144, targeting 500 primary sampling units with the objective of reaching 12469 households (HH) in mainland Tanzania and Zanzibar targeting children (boys and girls) and youth aged 13 – 24 years.
THPS is therefore seeking to recruit qualified and competent candidates to fill the following positions:
WHY 2024 Administration and Logistics Officer (1 position)
Position Title: WHY 2024 Administration and Logistics Officer (1 position)
Reports to: WHYS Project Director
Job Location: Dar es Salaam
Travel: Up to 25% outside of job location
Overall Job Function:
The WHY Admin and Logistics coordinator is responsible to organize and supervise administrative activities that facilitate smooth running of the WHY2024 team. The WHYS Admin & logistics coordinator, working with the THPS procurement and logistics Manager, will also ensure effective procurement systems are adhered to through following the purchasing processes and ensure timely delivery of items to intended recipients.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
• Support the administrative office processes affecting:
– Internal transport services
– Stock control & Inventory Management
– Reconciliation of vendor accounts
• Coordinate meetings, agendas, materials, minutes, and follow-up activities with key Project partners
• Organizing the coordination of events, site visits, workshops, and conferences
• Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation for the team
• Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
• liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
• Resolve administrative problems for the project
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
• Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
• Maintain front desk procedures including contact information, directions and frequently requested company information
• In collaboration with Program Staffs compile list of participants, write invitation letters and ensure its receipts and confirmation of attendance
• Liaise with the Finance team to ensure that people in the trainings and meeting are paid on time
• Preparing administration and program purchase requisitions, necessary Advance requests, Petty cash etc.
• Work hand in hand with the WHY team to ensure that their travel authorization is done on time and they are paid on time
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Compile documents for payment (Attach the received invoices on the Approved Purchase orders) and send the same to Accounts department.
• Liaise with technical WHY team to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered.
• Ensure WHY vendors are paid
• Ensure WHY procured materials are delivered to the required final destination
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, experience & skills required
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related subjects from a recognized College/University.
• Minimum 4 years office administrative support experience is preferred. Experience working for an NGO.
• Good computer skills particularly use of power point and word processing.
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently.
• Be of high integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Proven record to work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
• Self –motivation and good office management attributes.
• Reading, written, and verbal fluency in English and Kiswahili
• Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send an email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover
letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by 26/11/2023 with a position title as a subject
line, for example: “WHYS Field Supervisors”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please
do not attach any certificates when submitting online. THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women,
people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.