SENIOR DRIVER GRADE III at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCo)
(A Constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira)
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCo) is a constituent College of Tumaini University Makumira. The College is adjacent to KCMC Hospital in Moshi, Tanzania. The College trains health professionals for various University awards in health and allied sciences.
It currently wishes to recruit competent and committed human resources to fill the following vacant positions below…
SENIOR DRIVER GRADE III (1 Post)
Senior Driver Grade III at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College (KCMUCo) November, 2023
- Certificate of Secondary Education (Form IV) with at least four passes including English and Kiswahili, a valid and clean (without accidents) Class ‘C’ driving license, and who has attended a one-year Basic Driving Course or who has passed an Advanced Drivers’ Course Stage I from the National Institute of Transport or any other recognized Institution. Possession of Trade Test Grade lll/National Vocational Technical Award Level 1 (NVA1) in Motor Driving or Motor Vehicle Mechanics/Maintenance and/or Public Service Vehicle(PSV)Driving Certificate of Competency or equivalent, from Vocational Education Training Authority (VETA) or National Institute of Transport(NIT)will be an added advantage.
- At least four(4)years of accident-free driving experience in a similar position.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment.
- Knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively and patiently with others.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transporting students and staff members.
- Fuelling the vehicles.
- Keep the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on the trip sheet (log-sheet/logbooks), purpose of trip, mileage, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
- To ensure that vehicles and components/spare parts are in good condition and to conduct regular check-up/maintenance to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles.
- Report promptly any defects or problems detected in the vehicle.
- Ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported.
- Check the validity of the insurance, TLB, plying fees etc. and report the same to the Transport Officer for necessary action.
- Ensuring safe keeping of the vehicle and its tools.
- Maintaining disciplined behaviour, smartness, and proper conduct in rendering services.
- Fulfilling special requests like picking up and delivering items as directed, and running errands, such as dispatching documents/letters, collecting mail, and photocopying of documents.
- Assisting passengers and handicapped customers in and out of the vehicle.
- Providing other services as requested by Senior College Officers when not engaged in transportation service.
- Competitive and attractive package of salary and fringe benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Mode of Application
Applications enclosing detailed CV’s, certified copies of all relevant academic certificates and transcripts, including form IV and VI certificates, and names and addresses of three referees should be sent to the undersigned on or before Friday, 01st December 2023.
Your application should be sent to the undersigned via e-mail at email@example.com, OR through Post or hand-delivery addressed to:
Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College P. 0. Box 22A0 Moshi, Tanzania
NB: 0nly short-listed candidates will be notified and called for an Interview.