Community Prevention and HTS Officer at MDH Kagera. Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Job Tittle: Community Prevention and HTS Officer. (1 Post)
Reporting to: District Community Services Manager
The Community Prevention and HTS Officer (CPHO) works with and supports the MDH District Community Services Manager to ensure efficient implementation, M&E, and reporting of community HIV related services as part of comprehensive HIV prevention services in supported councils/region. She/he is responsible for the field implementation, coordination, and reporting of all community services initiatives in her/his respective council(s) under the guidance of the District Community Services manager and in collaboration with other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff. She/he will be responsible to ensure that MDH supported health facilities meet national and PEPFAR standards for provision of KVP friendly services targeting Key and Vulnerable Population (KVP) to foster their continuity in treatment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support implementation, monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and reporting of community services program and services in line with project work-plan and national guidelines
- Provision of HIV testing services targeting KVPs and at-risk populations through Mobile testing, Social Network Testing, Index Testing and other targeted testing modalities.
- Provision of Prevention Services including Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) to high risk individuals, Condom promotion and distribution, Social Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) activities, Sexual Transmitted Infections (STIs) screening and management and other basic prevention service package.
- Conduct routine mapping/ re-mapping of hotspots /unreached areas for HIV testing, prevention and KVP services focusing on age and sex specific population such as 15-25-year old and men as per national and PEPFAR guidelines
- Oversee successful implementation of linkage and referral systems between communities and facilities for HTS and prevention services, including PrEP, and condom provision, integrated health services with HTS, STI/TB screening, GBV prevention & referral for survivor care and others.
- Identify skills and knowledge gaps and support capacity building of Health Care Providers (HCPs) in community program/ services through training, mentorship, supervision, CMEs and other modalities and ensure adequate documented follow up
- To support engagement and supervision of community outreach volunteers (COVs) and HCPs and other stakeholders in the provision of community HTS, HIV prevention and KVP program and services.
- Support development of the annual Community program work plan and ensures community services targets achieved by 100%.
- Work with the M&E team to support M&E of Community program services incl. ensuring availability of M&E tools, proper/timely documentation and reporting of community services and data quality activities
- Lead efforts to verify and assure fidelity, adherence to SOPs as well as quality of services and data on the Community services program through supervision, data quality assessment, chart/ register review, spot check, other approaches
- To support the Community Services Manager in writing technical program documents including, quarterly/annual reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents
- To support dissemination of MDHs’ Community services program outcomes via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs and presentations.
- Promote a culture of high performance, commitment, frequent monitoring, and accountability towards outcomes at an individual level and collectively as a team at the council/regional/ MDH unit level
- To support and advise Community Services Manager on all community program issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Community Services Manager.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills:
- Bachelor degree in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
- Master’s degree in a health-related field is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of experience working on PEPFAR HIV/AIDS Programs.
- Demonstrable competencies in HIV prevention programming, services and research.
- Experience working with R/CHMTs, HFs and HCPs on health programs and services.
- Fluent in both written and oral English and Swahili languages.
Interested candidates for the above position should visit MDH Recruitment Portal https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and submit your application before 27th November 2023.