IT Officer Cum Software Developer at MDH Kagera. Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Job Tittle: IT Officer Cum Software Developer (1 Post)
Reporting to: Regional Data & ICT Manager
IT officer Cum Software Developer will be responsible to study existing systems and procedures and develop software applications to automate various MDH programmatic and operations activities. She/He will design and develop software applications based on technical solutions and evolving MDH software requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in development of the new mobile application system that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements.
- To assist in the designing, coding and debugging desktop, web-based and mobile applications in various software languages.
- To organize and perform unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
- To assist in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
- To provide technical support on troubleshooting and resolving routine software application problem and to install application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
- To provide support on mobile software development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; to assist with needs assessment for new systems (including modifications to existing systems); to perform ongoing reviews with users and developers and respond to requirements; requests, implements, provide operational support and maintain various applications.
- To evaluate and perform improvements to support user friendly interfaces and usability to promote users understand and interactions with systems.
- To assess software mobile applications to determine effective use of functionality and upgrade requirements.
- To perform periodic and scheduled backups of application systems, testing and updating contingency measures in accordance with the MDH’s ICT policy.
- To evaluate new mobile technologies and new products and suggesting the improvements to support various organisation business process.
- To support in data visualization and data analytics (Business Intelligence) initiatives.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills:
- A minimum first degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunication, Information System or equivalent is a requirement.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working at Android mobile applications development.
- Java (Mandatory), Kotlin, Swift, Knowledge of development frameworks such as Android SDK, React Native, Flutter and Laravel. Soft skills including UX design, Agile methodologies.
- Working knowledge of back-end computing like database management and API integrations. The candidate should be able to demonstrate the capability in SQL language and Web REST API communications.
- Working knowledge in using Git for source code management, Android Studio and Visual Studio Code for mobile application developments.
- Extended knowledge in relational database managements such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS SQL Server.
- Problem solving skills and ability to thing algorithmically
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies, resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates for the above position should visit MDH Recruitment Portal https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and submit your application before 27th November 2023.