Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision at MDH Kagera. Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Job Title: Officer-Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) (2 Posts)
Reports to: Regional VMMC Manager
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) officer will be working with and supports the Project Manager-VMMC to ensure efficient implementation, M&E, and reporting of VMMC services as part of comprehensive HIV prevention services in supported councils/region. She/he is responsible for the field implementation, coordination, quality assurance and reporting of all VMMC initiatives in her/his respective council(s) under the guidance of the VMMC manager and in collaboration with other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support implementation, quality assurance, monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and reporting of VMMC program and services in line with project work-plan and national guidelines
2. Conduct VMMC/EIMC age specific demand creation activities in-line with the human centered design (HCD) approach in collaboration with the local government authorities (LGAs), community structures, local media, and other key stakeholders.
3. Conduct routine mapping/ re-mapping of underserved areas with low MC coverage focussing on age specific population as per national and PEPFAR guidelines.
4. Ensure effective integration of targeted HIV testing and other relevant prevention services in all VMMC services as appropriate.
5. Support quality improvement and quality assurance activities including prevention, timely reporting and effective management of adverse events (AEs) in line with the national guidelines.
6. Work with R/CHMTs to ensure efficient supply chain management of VMMC commodities for his council(s) including timely quantification/forecasting, ordering, stock management and consumption reporting using the national supply chain system.
7. Identify skills and knowledge gaps and support capacity building of Health Care Providers (HCPs) in VMMC program/ services through training, mentorship, supervision, CMEs, and other modalities and ensure adequate documented follow up.
8. Support development of the annual VMMC work plan and ensures VMMC targets achieved 100%.
9. Collaborate with and engage LGAs in the VMMC program from planning to implementation for VMMC sustainability services overtime.
10. Work with the M&E team to support M&E of VMMC services incl. ensuring availability of M&E tools, proper/timely documentation and reporting of VMMC services and data quality activities
11. Lead efforts to verify and assure fidelity, adherence to SOPs as well as quality of services and data on the VMMC program through supervision, data quality assessment, chart/ register review, spot check, other approaches.
12. To support the VMMC Manager in writing technical program documents including, quarterly/annual reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents
13. To support dissemination of MDHs’ VMMC program outcomes via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs and presentations.
14. Promote a culture of high performance, commitment, frequent monitoring, and accountability towards outcomes at an individual level and collectively as a team at the council/regional/ MDH unit level.
15. To support and advise VMMC Manager on all medical male circumcision issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the VMMC Manager.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health or any related field. Master’s degree is any Health field is an added advantage.
Technical expertise of at least 2 years in VMMC service delivery
A strong understanding of barriers and facilitators of VMMC services
Ability to supervise and mentor health service providers Knowledge in quality improvement initiatives in VMMC
Excellent team building and communication skills.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Good in both oral and written English and Kiswahili.
Interested candidates for the above position should visit MDH Recruitment Portal https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and submit your application before 27th November 2023.