Senior Mechanical Piping Engineer- Tanzania at WRS
On behalf of a major EPC company, WRS are looking for a Senior Mechanical Piping Engineer to work in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania on a contract basis. This will be a long-term project, on an 8/2 rotation, paying an hourly rate in USD.
The role will be supporting the construction of a large onshore crude oil pipeline.
Job Duties include:
- Support the Construction in resolution of technical problems preventing the timely execution of the works.
- Review Construction Method Statement for Engineering HSEQ to ensure delivery and quality of construction work packs.
- Review of Pipeline erecting and testing Method statements.
- Support Construction schedule from area construction to system/sub system completion.
- Review of Contractor submitted documents.
- Support Quality group for non-conformance resolution in accordance with the PROJECT requirements.
- Ensure all IFC documents, information and their revisions are managed to the Construction schedules for execution.
- Familiar with National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope.
- Experience on model review in SP3D / E3D / PDS / PDMS platform is essential.
- Conducting work in accordance with project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems (HSEQ)
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Degree (BS / PE) in a Mechanical Engineering discipline or Company agreed discipline qualifications that support the process engineering management and construction execution of onshore Pipeline.
- Chartered Engineer or hold a membership of a related Professional Institute or certification body (preferred)
- Previous experience on EPC Pipeline Construction Projects in Oil and gas industry
- Demonstrate proficiency in the supervision of site installations of rotating & static equipment packages
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of engineering/vendor drawings, plans and specifications
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of pipework hydro-testing, flushing, cleaning and box-up
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of flange management & mechanical bolt torquing methods
- General knowledge of codes such as; API 650, 686, ASME B31.1, B31.3, PCC-1