Accounts Payable Officer – Payroll at School of ST Jude
School of ST Jude
Accounts Payable Officer – Payroll
Want to work for one of the largest charities of its kind in Africa? Are you an excellent Accounts payable officer dealing with Payroll? Do you have interest in preparing employee salaries and remitting statutory contributions? Would you call yourself a master of dealing with Payroll and all matters pertaining to accounts payable? Does it sound like we’re talking about you… Keep reading!
The School of St Jude is a pioneering leader in charitable education within Africa. We are giving 1,800 students free, quality education and 100’s of graduates access to higher education each year. This year, we provided more than 30,000 government school students with quality teachers. St Jude’s is funded by generous supporters from around the world who make our mission of giving bright, poor Tanzanian students a free, quality education possible.
Who are you
- Hard working, focused, patient and tolerant
- Possess a strength and drive, patience and tolerance and practicality whilst being efficient
- Possess a natural trait in completing your tasks on time
- Ability to work well under pressure and to react with common sense and urgency if required, to solve payroll problems whilst thinking on your feet
- You go to sleep at night dreaming about payroll and how statutory contributions are completed on time.
What you’ll do
- To prepare monthly School Payroll and produce all required reports for approval.
- Ensure statutory payments are made before due date. Ag. NSSF, PPF, LAPF, PAYE and Withholding Tax.
- Prepare gratuities and staff final payments when required.
- Ensure proper filling of the payroll and all accounting documents.
- Assist in preparation of bank account reconciliations.
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts or Finance from an Accredited Universities.
- CPA (T) as recognized by NBAA will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills: Ms Excel, Ms Word, Internet, knowledge of ERP systems and Payroll related systems would be an added advantage
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written.
- Sound record keeping skills
- The opportunity to use your talents and expertise to fight poverty through education and make a positive impact in Tanzania
- A flexible and supportive community of international and local employees
- Ample opportunities for career progression and development
- Mid-morning tea and lunch (during working days)
Are you interested?
Send your cover letter and an up to date Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line must include the reference number: TSOSJ/HR/ADM/FM/01/24)
Applications close on 25th January 2024, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!
PLEASE BE AWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES IN JOB ADVERTISEMENTS AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS. THE SCHOOL OF ST JUDE DOES NOT REQUEST PAYMENT AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING THE OFFER STAGE. ANY PAYMENT REQUESTS SHOULD BE REFUSED AND REPORTED TO LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES FOR APPROPRIATE ACTION.