Journalist at Moshi Fm Limited
Moshi Fm Radio is the leading radio station in the Northern Zone with a frequency of 90.7mhz that covers the Kilimanjaro region, some parts of Arusha, Tanga, Mayara, and Taveta, Kenya.
As a journalist at Moshi Fm Limited, you will be responsible for researching and writing news articles on a daily basis. You will also have to schedule interviews and attend press conferences in order to acquire information first-hand. This is a full-time role based in Moshi, with flexibility for remote work.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- 1-3 years of experience in journalism or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swahili
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and report on current events
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines and adapt to changing news situations
- Strong attention to detail and fact-checking skills
- Familiarity with media laws and ethics in Tanzania
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and digital media tools like social media, blogs, and podcasts is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well in a team, and willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and techniques