Assistant Chief Engineer at TUI BLUE Hotels
About the job: Join TUI BLUE Hotels as Assistant Chief Engineer at our TUI BLUE Bahari Zanzibar hotel and provide support to the hotel Chief Engineer coordinating/executing different tasks.
About The Job
- To ensure the optimal operation of the hotel’s assets and facilities in order to provide quality customer service and contribute to the achievement of operational, economic and quality objectives.
- Reporting to the Head of Department, he/she will be responsible for incident resolution, stock control and compliance with safety regulations.
- Operational management of the department to guarantee the performance levels of the team, an adequate working environment of the department, control of the compliance of the schedule program, roles of breaks, vacations, as well as staff attendance.
- He detects and transfers to the Chief Engineer needs and opportunities in the hotel where he is based in the Technical Services function.
- In terms of fire prevention, he/she is responsible for complying with the corresponding procedures to safeguard the physical integrity of guests and employees, as well as the hotel’s assets, as established in the specific plans.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Hotel General Manager and hotel leadership as well as key stakeholders across the TUI BLUE Head Office.
- Ensure the execution and achievement of the hotel’s preventive maintenance program
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial
- Educate/train team members on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all local laws and safety regulations
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role within a similar hotel brand or business
- Proficient in all aspects of building operations and facilities management
- Strategic planner and proficient in making annual operating budget for the department
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines consistently
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to details and open to different cultures
- Local Zanzibar experience will be an added advantage
About Our Offer
- Competitive basic salary and benefits package.
- Working Days: 6 days a week.
- Salary: Negotiable according to experience and qualifications
- Contract Term: 1 Year (Renewable)
- Live-in hotel staff room provided with complimentary laundry and full-board meals included.
- Local medical insurance provided.
- Annual Vacation: 30 days at the end of Contract or when business allows + Public Holidays.
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
TUI BLUE is the global flagship hotel brand of the TUI Group combining the best aspects of both individual and all-inclusive holidays with outstanding quality and modernity. Our hotel brand stands out from the crowd with first-class locations, regional architecture, an innovative technology concept with a unique blend of local and contemporary cuisine and BLUEF!t® sport and leisure facilities.
TUI is the world’s leading tourism group. The broad portfolio gathered under the Group umbrella consists of strong tour operators, 1,600 travel agencies and leading online portals, five airlines with around 150 aircraft, over 400 hotels, 15 cruise liners and many incoming agencies in all major holiday destinations around the globe. It covers the entire tourism value chain under one roof. This integrated offering enables us to provide our 27 million customers with an unmatched holiday experience in 180 regions.