EAC Students Essay Writing Competition for Secondary schools 2021
The East African Community Secretariat (EAC) has organised EAC Students Essay Writing Competition for the year 2021. The Competition is intended to promote better understanding and appreciation of issues related to the EAC integration.
The competition is conducted yearly and it is open for Form I up to IV students. The students are required to research and write essays of between 1000 – 1500 words. The 2021 EAC Students Essay Writing Competition will commence at School level on 15th September, 2021.
The topic for 2021 Essay Writing Competition is:
Discuss the challenges that the COVID 19 Pandemic has posed to the education sector of the EAC Partner States. Provide recommendations on how these challenges can be addressed.
Jadili changamoto ambazo ugonjwa wa virusi vya KORONA (Uviko-19) umesababisha kwa sekta ya elimu katika Nchi Wanachama wa Jumuiya ya Afrika Mashariki. Toa mapendekezo ya jinsi ya kukabili changamoto hizo.
Discutez des défis qu’a posé la pandémie de COVID-19 aux systèmes éducatifs des Pays Partenaires de la Communauté Est Africaine. Formuler les recommandations sur la manière de les relever.
The Heads of Schools will be required to constitute a marking panel which will choose the best essays of the school. The panel should go through the essays (Please do not mark the essays) and choose three best essays to be submitted to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, P.O. Box 10 40479 DODOMA by 30th September, 2021.
The following are guidelines for the essay competition:
- The length of the essay should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words;
- The essay can be written in English, French or Kiswahili;
- The essay should be in the students’ own hand writing;
- Students information such as name, sex, class, school address, region Country and title of the essay should be written on the cover page;
- The essay should be written on white A4 lined/ruled papers (Similar to the draft pads);
- The essay should be written only on one side of the paper;
- Students should draw double margin on each paper;
- The Heads of Schools should certify that the essay is the student’s own work by putting a signature, stamp and Mobile Number;
- Students are required to discuss at least ten points to the Essay Question given; and
- Students should show the reference materials they have used in writing the essay.