Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) District Project Manager (DPM) (1 Post)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: District Project Manager (DPM) (1 Post)
REPORTS TO: Regional Project Manager – (RPM)
The District Project Manager (DPM) is the head of MDH programs and services at the respective council under the guidance of the MDH RPM, CEO and senior management team. She/ He oversees all MDH staff at the council and provides technical leadership and oversight of all MDH supported programs and services under the Afya Kwanza project – including leading implementation, M&E and reporting of key program priorities – in collaboration with other program and government staff at the council, region, relevant ministries and MDH HQ. The DPM is also responsible for managing communication and collaborations with the local government authorities and other key stakeholders at the council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of the Afya Kwanza project work- plan and other MDH supported activities at council(s) level.
- To lead implementation of key initiatives to address program, donor, and national priorities – such as index HIV testing, and focused PITC – in line with national guidelines.
- To ensure efficient utilization of Afya Kwanza project resources and compliance with donor and government regulations.
- To actively participate in and provide technical assistance (TA) to the District Medical Officer (DMO) and District AIDS Control Coordinator (DACC), Council Health Management Team (CHMT) and supported health facilities in planning, implementation, M&E, and reporting of HIV and related health programs, including the Council Comprehensive Health Plan (CCHP).
- To participate in strategic dialogue with council authorities on project issues on behalf of the RPM.
- To conduct needs assessment, on HIV and related programs and services in her/his council(s) and organize efforts to address these needs -; including in areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the RPM, DMO and DACC.
- To identify, engage and facilitate strategic collaboration with existing and new partners, in HIV and related services so as to maximize impact of Afya Kwanza project activities in the council(s).
- To work with the RPM and Grants Officer to develop and oversee sub-grantees plans and budgets, as well as ensure optimum resource allocation and utilization and compliance with donor and government regulations.
- To ensure timely collection and submission of national HIV services and program data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize program data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
- To lead efforts to identify gaps in HIV and related programs and services; design and implement operational research (OR), PHEs, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address the gaps.
- To implement and manage capacity building program, for HIV and related service providers; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship, and on-job training.
- To supervise program staff in respective council(s).
- To actively participate in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work- plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
- To support and advise the RPM on Afya Kwanza program implementation and related issues in her/his respective council(s) and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the RPM.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine with current Medical Council of Tanzania registration.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field is an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
- At least three (3) years of experience in design, implementation, management and M&E of HIV or related clinical and public health programs and services.
- Experience in using CQI, PHE and OR techniques to address public health challenges.
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.