Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) Regional Community Data Manager (1 Post)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: Regional Community Data Manager (1 Post)
LOCATION: Head Office – Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Regional Project Manager
The Regional Community Data Manager is responsible to oversee data management activities in the community program of respective region. S/he is responsible to maintain and update all supported databases, train and mentor community district data officers, and communicate all database challenges to Senior Data Manager. S/he is also responsible to build capacity for program staff in data manipulation and translation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain a core database and associated data entry and analysis applications.
- To design, implement and maintain a database management system using SQL, SAS and Microsoft Access.
- To manage and support the Ministry of Health CTC-2 database and other ad hoc databases geared to improve community data collection and reporting.
- To perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
- To train community data officers to develop and implement ad hoc queries; and provide them with technical assistance in running data cleaning programs, to resolve discrepancies in data entry.
- To train staff on the current software applications and data related issues.
- To develop and maintain software applications using respective programming language
- To support coordination of community data management, quality control, analysis and report writing.
- To perform programming to manipulate and clean data, create variables and format libraries, develop queries for data cleaning, and prepare analysis datasets; analyse and tabulate data; and create graphic representations of statistical information.
- To support the development of supportive supervision and data auditing guidelines for community data recording and reporting systems.
- To coordinate the support and mentorship to districts and community teams on data management processes.
- To develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications.
- To produce all relevant reports timely that is required by the organization, donors and the MoH.
- To coordinate appropriate documentation of all activities performed in the SI unit.
- To perform any other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics, Database Development or Management of Data Systems.
- Additional training in statistics or public health will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working at a mid-level position for data systems especially in HIV care and treatment in the community settings.
- Experience with National HIV M&E system especially CTC-2, CTC3 and paper-based M&E tools (CTC-2, HTS registers).
- Experience designing and implementing additional M&E systems to complement community data collection.
- Strong knowledge in PEPFAR reporting system (DATIM) and MER indicators.
- Working knowledge of various software languages [PHP (mandatory), Java (mandatory), C/C++, .NET, Python] will be added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience with development of and management of mobile data collection tools such as open data kit (ODK), Commcare and Kobo toolbox.
- Strong knowledge on advanced excel tools such as power pivot, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Power query and What if functions.
- Experience with various data analytic applications such as SAS, STATA and R.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.