2 Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) Regional Retention Manager (2 Posts)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: Regional Retention Manager (2 Posts)
LOCATION: Geita & Kagera
REPORTS TO: Regional Clinical and Strategic Information Manager (RCSIM)
The Regional Retention Manager (RRM) is responsible for the overall leadership of MDH’s retention and continuity of care services in the region. She/he will oversee initiatives and services to enhance continuum of care as well as prevention and mitigation of interruption of care for patients on ART, in collaboration with Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs), Health Facilities (HFs)/ Health Care Providers (HCPs), community program staff, community health service providers (CBHS) and other stakeholders. These initiatives/ services include enhancing client centered differentiated service delivery (DSD), routine updating of patients contacts and physical address, appointment reminders, management of patient transfers, patient tracking and timely documentation of follow-up outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead planning, implementation, oversight and reporting of MDH’s regional retention work-plan and ensure synergies with other MDH programs/ services.
- Oversee implementation and scale-up of initiatives to enhance continuity of care including DSD (multi-month dispensing, community ART), updating patients contacts and physical address, appointment reminders, management of transferring and on-transit patients.
- Work with HFs/ HCPs, community program staff and community volunteers to ensure timely tracking of patients missing appointment and updating of tracking outcomes.
- Provide technical guidance and need-based capacity building of program staff, R/CHMTs, HCPs and other key stakeholders on the implementation of MDH’s retention program in-line with national and PEPFAR guidance through training, mentorship and supportive supervision.
- Contribute towards development, review and dissemination of national guidelines, SOPs, job aids, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools on continuity of care and DSD.
- Lead monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of MDH’s retention program including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and ensure data-driven programming.
- Lead analysis, documentation and dissemination of MDHs’ retention program outcomes and best practices via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, presentations, and others.
- Lead efforts to identify gaps in ART retention services, design and implement continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and operational research to address these gaps.
- Contribute towards expanding MDH’s portfolio in HIV and other public health programs through writing grants and operational research proposals.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Medicine, Nursing or Related Health Field with Master’s degree in public health, community development and/or related field.
- At least five years of experience in HIV programming and services.
- Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
- Experience in client centered DSD and continuity of care initiatives and services.
- Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation and Utilization as well as CQI and Operational research in the health sector.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.