3 Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH), Regional Community Services Manager (3 Posts)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: Regional Community Services Manager (3 Posts)
LOCATION: Geita, Kagera & Tabora
REPORTS TO: Regional Program Manager (RPM)
The Regional Community Services Manager (RCSM) is responsible for the overall leadership of MDH’s community and key and vulnerable population (KVP) program in the region. She/he will oversee provision of recommended community HIV prevention, ART and KVP services including Index and Mobile HIV Testing Services (HTS), HIV Self Testing (HIVST) and Social Network Testing (SNT); Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP); Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC), community ART, patient tracking and continuity of care, and other services, in collaboration with Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMTs), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), other community stakeholders and Health Facilities (HFs).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To lead development, implementation, oversight and reporting of MDH’s regional work-plan on community and KVP services and ensure synergies with other MDH programs/ services.
2. To work with R/CHMTs to support implementation and scale-up of recommended community-based HIV prevention and KVP programs and services including Index and mobile HTS, HIVST, SNT, PrEP, SBCC, community ART, and patient tracking and continuity of care.
3. To provide technical guidance and capacity building to other community program staff, R/CHMTs, CSOs and other key stakeholders on the implementation of MDH’s community program in-line with national and PEPFAR guidance.
4. To contribute towards development, review and dissemination of national guidelines, SOPs, job aids, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools on the community and KVP programming.
5. To lead monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of MDH’s community program including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and ensure data-driven programming.
6. To work with R/CHMTs to conduct routine regional feedback meetings with key stakeholders to reflect on the community program implementation and outcomes.
7. To lead analysis, documentation and dissemination of MDHs’ community program outcomes and best practices via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, presentations, and others.
8. To lead efforts to identify gaps in community HIV and KVP program, design and implement continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and operational research to address gaps.
9. To contribute towards expanding MDH’s portfolio in HIV and other public health programs through writing grants and operational research proposals.
10. To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
1. Bachelor Degree in Medicine, Nursing or Related Health Field with Master’s degree in public health, community development and/or related field.
2. At least five (5) years of experience in community HIV and KVP programs and services.
3. Demonstrable leadership experience in public health programs and services with competencies in supervising individuals and teams to deliver intended outcomes.
4. Experience in Health Communication and Prevention programming including Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC).
5. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation, Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the health sector.
6. Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.