Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) _ IT Officer Cum Software Developer (1 Post)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITION: IT Officer Cum Software Developer (1 Post)
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
IT Officer Cum Software Developer will be responsible to study existing systems and procedures and develop software applications to automate various MDH programmatic and operations activities. She/He will design and develop software applications based on technical solutions and evolving MDH software requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To involve in the planning, analysis, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of application software systems; to work with senior IT staff and other software users on the definition and specification of requirements; to build, test and modify prototype application software based on detailed instructions; to install and maintains software systems.
- To participate in development of the new system that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements.
- To assist in the designing, coding and debugging desktop, web-based and mobile applications in various software languages.
- To organize and perform unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
- To assist in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
- To provide technical support on troubleshooting and resolving routine software application problem and to install application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
- To provide support on software development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; to assist with needs assessment for new systems (including modifications to existing systems); to perform ongoing reviews with users and developers and respond to requirements; requests, implements, provide operational support and maintain various applications.
- To evaluate and perform improvements to support user friendly interfaces and usability to promote users understand and interactions with systems.
- To assess software applications to determine effective use of functionality and upgrade requirements.
- To perform periodic and scheduled backups of application systems, testing and updating contingency measures in accordance with the MDH’s ICT policy.
- To evaluate new technologies and new products and suggesting the improvements to support various organisation business process.
- To support in data visualization and data analytics (Business Intelligence) initiatives.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- BSc/BEng in IT/IS/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from a recognized institution.
- At least three (3) years of relevant working experience from a recognized institution.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Working knowledge of various software languages [PHP (mandatory), Java (mandatory), C/C++, .NET, Python] will be added advantage.
- Proven knowledge in DHTML, HTML5, CSS & CSS3, Java Script, jQuery, jQuery Mobile, SAPUI5 Photoshop, and Responsive Web Design will be added advantage.
- Strong understanding and hands on skills on Object Oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Strong knowledge on MySQL, SQL and Postgre SQL Database Management Systems. Knowledge on MS SQL Server, Oracle and other DBMS will be added advantage.
- Possession of a relevant ICT professional certification will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.