8 Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH) _ Retention Officer (RO) (8 Posts)
Job Vacancies 2021 at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
POSITIION: Retention Officer (RO) (8 Posts)
LOCATION: Geita, Kagera, Tabora and Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: District Project Manager/ Regional Retention Manager
The Retention Manager (RO) is responsible for the day to day implementation of MDH’s retention and continuity of care programs and services. She/he work with Council Health Management Teams (CHMT), Health Facilities (HFs), Health Care Providers (HCPs), community program staff, community-based health service providers (CBHS) and other stakeholders to support initiatives and services to enhance continuum of care, as well as prevention and mitigation of interruption of care for patients on ART. These initiatives/ services include enhancing client centered differentiated service delivery (DSD), routine updating of patients contacts and physical address, appointment reminders, management of patient transfers, patient tracking and timely documentation of follow-up outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support implementation and scale-up of initiatives to enhance continuity of care including DSD (multi-month dispensing, community ART), updating patients contacts and physical address, appointment reminders, management of transferring and on-transit patients.
- To work with HFs/ HCPs, community program staff and community volunteers to ensure timely tracking of patients missing appointment and updating of tracking outcomes.
- To provide technical guidance and capacity building of CHMT, HCPs, CBHS and other key stakeholders on the implementation of continuity of care initiatives and services in-line with national and PEPFAR guidance through training, mentorship and supportive supervision.
- To contribute towards dissemination and operationalization of national guidelines, SOPs, job aids, IECs, training manuals, M&E and others tools on continuity of care and DSD.
- To support monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of MDH’s retention program including data collection, quality assurance, analysis, reporting and data utilization.
- To contribute towards analysis, documentation and dissemination of retention program outcomes and best practices via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs, presentations, and others.
- To support efforts to identify gaps in ART retention services and implementation of continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives and operational research to address these gaps.
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or related Health Field.
- At least three (3) years of experience in HIV programming and services.
- Demonstrable competency in overseeing ART care, DSD, patient tracking/ retention services.
- Experience in MEL, data analysis, interpretation and utilization in the health sector.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email. Applications should be submitted to the Human Resource Director through email email@example.com by 30th September 2021. MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.