3 New Job opportunities at Tetra Tech International Development Services – Lead Engineers
Lead Engineer- (2 Post) one based in Sumbawanga and 1 based in Nyasa Basin
The Lead Engineer will be an integral part of a multi-person component team of a USAID funded development activity to increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) and urban water supply and sanitation authorities (UWSSAs). The candidate will provide direct support to RUWASA implementation of water supply and sanitation projects and be responsible for design and construction management for infrastructure procured by USAID. The position guides strengthening of O&M practices and capacity building and oversees two site-based Project Engineers. The position is responsible for all infrastructure design and construction management and QA/QC, and related institutional capacity building, and will be based in Iringa town with travel to activity districts in Rukwa, Njombe, Iringa, and Morogoro regions.
Education: Advanced degree in civil engineering or ordinary degree/diploma in civil engineering and advanced degree in a specific area of specialization such as construction management, water resources management, or similar;
- Minimum 8 years of experience directly involved or leading implementation of water delivery infrastructure, including hydraulic design, development of tender documents (plans, bills of quantities, and technical specifications), and construction management within the TZ WASH sectors; Demonstrated experience managing engineering and construction teams, supervising office and field staff, managing budgets, etc. Experience leading detailed work planning and reporting;
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
Method of Application
To apply through ARD.recruitment.TZMUM@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted about these positions. Deadline for submission of applications is September 28,2021.
Closing Date: 28th September , 2021.