Drivers Job Opportunities at Tetra Tech International Development Services – DRIVERS
Driver Job opportunities (9 Posts)- Based in Iringa and Sumbawanga
Under the supervisor of Administration Manager, the driver will be responsible for driving
staff and other authorized passengers for business trips, transporting goods and services
(information). Transport is not limited to Iringa and will require frequent trips to rural areas,
predominantly Dar Es Salaam, Sumbawanga and Nyasa Basin. Overnight stays will be
Required at times
• Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty
• Ensuring vehicles are maintained in excellent mechanical and clean conditions, regularly checking oil,
water, brakes, and brake liquid, tire pressure, battery levels, and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
Calculates monthly petrol, oil, and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for
forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting. Runs errands for the project, programme
or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills, and buying smaller quantities of
office supplies. Completes the vehicle logs correctly and conscientiously in accordance with
Tetra Tech ARD requirements.
- Education: Secondary school education and Holds a valid driver’s license
- At least 4-6 years’ work experience as a driver with International NGOs.
- Computer skills necessary for completing vehicles, providing reports and preparation travel advance and expense reporting
- Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must also be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
- Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment;
Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
Method of Application
To apply through ARD.recruitment.TZMUM@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format. Please list the title of the position in the email subject line.
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls will be accepted about these positions. Deadline for submission of applications is September 28,2021.
Closing Date: 28th September , 2021.