2 Job Opportunities Amref Tanzania _VMMC Program Officer (2)
- Position Title: VMMC Program Officer (2)
- Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Location: Simiyu and Mara
Start Date: October 2021
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program Officer is responsible for overall coordination, capacity building, demand creation and implementation of VMMC services in line with national VMMC standards and guidelines to achieve target coverage in the region in both community and facility settings. S/He is responsible for achievement of VMMC targets ensuring key deliverables in VMMC programing for Afya Kamilifu are attained at high performance levels.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for implementation of all VMMC activities in the region
- Ensure VMMC services follow national, VMMC protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices.
- Develop monthly and quarterly work plan for program implementation at the regional and district level.
- Maintain regular communication with regional and council health management teams (R/CHMTs) and conduct clinical mentorship and supportive supervision to health care workers implementing the VMMC services in collaboration with R/CHMTs.
- Provide technical assistance and organize trainings, CME sessions on VMMC quality assurance in collaboration with the regional team.
- Conduct VMMC demand creation activities in collaboration with local government and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate VMMC counselling program services and ensures linkage and referral of all HIV positive clients.
- Ensure VMMC services guidelines and protocols are followed by the surgical teams.
- Contribute in preparation of annual work plans, budgets, and performance monthly, quarterly and annual reports for VMMC in the region.
- Develop and timely submit technical VMMC program progress updates as scheduled on weekly basis
- Collaborate with M&E team to ensure uninterrupted availability of national VMMC M&E tools, proper documentation and reporting at VMMC static and outreach sites and facilitate effective linkages services.
- Support scale up of the VMMC Data Base to all supported VMMC static in collaboration with strategic information team
- Ensure consistent availability of VMMC supplies, equipment and consumables for VMMC services in all static and mobile and outreach VMMC facilities.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation on progress to annual targets in collaboration with M&E and VMMC services technical team.
- Assist in the implementation of VMMC sustainability roadmap at the different levels in the assigned region and pilot models for VMMC program integration within the facility and community HIV platforms
- Develop regional innovations on VMMC activities implementation and document success stories, case studies, best practices and lessons learnt from the field.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Medical trained personnel (nurse, clinical officer, MD, MBBS or equivalent) with in service training and certification on VMMC
- Minimum three years of experience in VMMC surgical and device-based services; Familiarity with PEPFAR funded HIV prevention programs is an added advantage.
- Experience of working with local government authorities including R/CHMTs, other stakeholders and health facilities.
- Ability to work independently with strong coordination and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili with strong computer skills
How to Apply:-
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS October 04, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be easily retrieved. All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
- “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
- Any Applicant attempting or communicating to the Amref Health Africa Management or Staff through phone calls, sms, text emails and other means will automatically be disqualified from this opportunity. All communications should be channelled to the provided official correspondence email above
- Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.