Preparation of Sensa 2022 Tanzania
The implementation of the population and housing census takes place in three main phases which are Pre-Census Period, Census Period and Post-Census Period.
Period Before Counting People
The pre-census period includes the preparation of the Census Management and Implementation Strategy Manual and other documentation, Demarcation of Census and Map Production Areas, Material Preparation (Questionnaires and Guidelines); Awareness, Experimental Census by 29 August 2021 one year before the Census itself; Establish census committees; holding meetings with statistical stakeholders; making purchases, making choices about the type of technology to be used, hiring investigators and supervisors, distribution of equipment; and preparing for the Census Assessment.
The census includes the main and important tasks in this census exercise.
Period After Counting People
Post-census period includes Processing Census Reporting, Analysis, Preliminary Results Delivery, Dissemination of Final Results, Promotion of Use of Statistics to Employees of Ministries, Departments and Government Institutions.
Preparations for the 2022 population and housing census began in 2018, including the allocation of census sites, the preparation of key census documents such as questionnaires, guidelines, quality control forms and conducting a pilot census.
Currently the census preparation has reached the following stages;
- Prepare a Strategy for the Management and Implementation of the Population and Housing Census for the Year 2022;
- Allocation of Areas in 5 districts of Dodoma region namely Bahi, Chamwino, Kondoa, and Chemba; and one Singida Regional District (Singida Urban);
- The work of allocating census sites is underway in Singida region in Manyoni district, Ikungi; and Dodoma region in Mpwapwa and Kongwa districts.
- Conducting one study tour in Kenya with funding from UNFPA who have recently conducted a digital census and learned the use of modern technology in conducting successful censuses. The use of this technology will help to reduce the cost of conducting a census and reduce the time to issue census results.
Prepare a draft Census Questionnaire and other important documents such as instructional guidelines, guidelines for census clerks, guidelines for census supervisors and guidelines for regional and district census coordinators.
Questions to be Asked in Sensa 2022
The 2022 Population and Housing Census has fourteen modules that will be used to collect information on people and their settlements nationwide.
The questions that will be asked will be: –
- Demographic information (age, gender, relationship, marital status, citizenship, n.k.);
- Questions about disability;
- Education Information;
- Mobility questions, as well as information on Tanzanians living abroad
- Questions about ownership of national documents (NIDA IDs, Zanzibari resident, birth certificate, passport, and driver’s license)
- Economic activities
- Land tenure and ICT information
- Maternity and Mortality Reports that occurred within the household
- Maternal mortality
- State of housing and ownership of various resources
- Agricultural and livestock issues
- Social security funds.