Admin Manager based in Dar es Salaam jobs at Deloitte Tanzania
Admin Manager (Ref: KHSZ/AM/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as an Admin Manager based in Dar es Salaam.
Ensure that daily office duties for Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone project are performed in a seamless and efficient manner. Support the COP to ensure that human resource activities are handled effectively, and purchase of office goods and utilities is done in time and per budget.
• Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Supervises clerical and administrative personnel by communicating job expectations, appraising job results, and disciplining employees.
• Sets policies and procedures for training, coaching, counseling, and career development for staff.
• Initiates and coordinates goals, deadlines, and projects for their department.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures to improve operations and function of the department.
• Monitors and procures needed supplies for office, reception, mailroom, and kitchen.
• Ensures a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards.
• Manages the maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems.
• Negotiate and undertake the purchase of office supplies and equipment according to approved
ensuring provision of adequate supplies at optimal cost.
• Ensure that the project’s office building, and the contents thereof, are maintained according to an agreed maintenance schedule and any necessary repairs are undertaken promptly and, in a cost, effective manner.
• Ensure the security of the project’s space, property and equipment at all times, and also to maintain a high degree of cleanliness and tidiness.
• Jointly with the COP, to ascertain that at all times the Administration department has the right number and calibre of staff in order to ensure effective delivery of services
• To set up and supervise activities of support services staff, including tea lady, and to train and motivate them so that they can effectively carry out their responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, management, or a related field.
• 5 years’ experience in a related field, such as management or financial reporting, preferred.
• Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office.
• Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
• Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
• Willingness to continue building skills through educational opportunities.
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.