Economic Strengthening Coordinator Job Opportunity at Deloitte Tanzania Dar es salaam
Economic Strengthening Coordinator (Ref: KHSZ/ESC/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions. The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as an Economic Strengthening Coordinator based in Dar es Salaam.
Responsible for the design, implementation and technical quality of strategies and activities to improve the economic stability of OVC and their households. Assistant economic Strengthening Manager will play a key role in planning for all aspects of livehoods and economic opportunities for Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone project. She/he will facilitate a team of staff in the development of social protection linkages and provision, savings groups (VSLG) activities and the integration of enterprise expertise and market access and relationships for securing the economic wellbeing of targeted beneficiaries’ households.
• Serve as a focal person for all issues related to implementation of economic activities within Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone Project.
• Provide technical and managerial capacity of Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone staff, Sub grantees and CCW/CHW on implementation of innovative economic activities.
• Develop/Review developed economic strengthening SOP, Guides and tools for use within Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone project implementation.
• Ensure availability and use of recommended materials within the implementation of Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone- Southern Zone project
• Monitor and maintain relevant manuals, training materials and reports for economic strengthening.
• Lead the development of tailored economic strengthening packages for beneficiary adolescents and families Responsibilities.
• Create awareness of key economic strengthen concepts and principles among project staff, sub grantees, government officials, regional, councils and CCW/CHW. This to include assisting families in earning and saving income, managing money and allocating households resources to improving OVC and their household’s wellness outcome.
• Train/mentor project staff, sub grantees and CCW/CHW in effective approaches for identifying appropriate economic strengthening interventions for specific households depending on the needs and available resources such as (I.e. credit and market opportunities, group savings, income generation, micro-enterprise development training, farming, vocational training opportunities and youth employability).
• Develop and ensure the implementation of strategies and interventions that promote the economic empowerment of young people.
• Recommend and support refinement of training materials, Economic strengthening assessments, and processes to measure progress along the economic strengthening pathway aligned with Graduation benchmarks.
• In collaboration with other assistant Managers organize and conduct supportive supervision to monitor implementation of economic strengthening progress activities.
• Support development of technical capacity development activities/supports in tandem with the technical teams and institutional development team.
• Monitor all technical support in livelihood interventions, provided by technical experts to partner organizations
• Analyze and monitor trends, opportunities and challenges related to market linkages and economic strengthening to continuously refine and improve intervention strategies
• Serve as liaison and maintain good relations with the economic strengthening relevant government ministries and technical partners
• Collaborate with the Economic Growth section of USAID and for synergies across their sector programs
• Write/Review activity, monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual report and share with Technical &QI Manager and Results Management office Manager for review and inputs
• Write success stories and support subordinate on the same.
• Support regional teams to conduct site visits and spot checks to district activity locations to monitor implementation of economic strengthening activities
• Liaise with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets.
• Keep abreast with, integrate or document emerging best practices in market linkages and economic strengthening for vulnerable households and AGYW
• Master’s degree in economics, Business Administration or related fields
• 5 years’ experience in designing, implementing and monitoring household economic strengthening activities working on multifaceted and complex international development programs.
• At least 3 years of technical management experience, including direct supervision of technical teams and implementing partners.
• Solid knowledge of social protection, household economic strengthen and microenterprise and market development instruments and framework.
• Experience with USG cooperative agreement PEPFAR programming strongly preferred. Excellent training skills in working with adults’ learners particularly at the community level
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.