HIV Prevention Coordinator Job opportunity at Deloitte Tanzania Dar es Salaam
HIV Prevention Coordinator (Ref: KHSZ/HPC/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a HIV Prevention Coordinator based in Dar es Salaam.
The HIV Prevention Coordinator will be responsible to manage interventions aiming to increase access to HIV prevention, violence prevention and response services for OVC and youth. She/he will specifically lead the team in the scale up of evidence-based interventions for prevention of HIV and sexual violence, ensure improved VAC and GBV reporting and responses and increased education access, retention and progression among AGYW through implementation of DREAMS.
• In collaboration with the partners participate in the development/review/ adaptation of evidence based preventive program curricula recommended for implementation of preventive program package of services.
• Work with partner to review evidence-based HIV prevention interventions through ensuring
standards and adherence to International and National standards.
• Review/Update developed SOPs to guide the implementation of prevention activities among the
regional teams, sub grantees and other partners.
• Through training, coaching and mentorship strengthen the capacity of regional team, CSOs, CCW/CHW and other partners to implement recommended prevention activities in their targeted councils.
• Ensure meaningful engagement of government authority structures at different levels such as RHMT, CHMT, WDC, Village Government, sub grantees, religious leaders Sub grantees and CCW/CHW to expand the reach of prevention intervention to transform harmful gender norms and unhealthy behaviors.
• Collaborate with other USG partners such as USAID Tulonge Afya and C3HP Southern on social and behavior Change Communications (SBCC campaign targeting youth.
• Work with partners advisors to implement DREAMS intervention in Mufindi District Council to increase access and retention among AGYW.
• Work with other DREAMS partner to compliment efforts including reducing duplications.
• Work with GoT structures at different levels to strengthen the capacity of NPA-WAC Protection Committees to be functional, improve referral system, reporting and response and One Stop Centre in Iringa.
• Provide ongoing mentorship to regional teams, CSOs and CCW/CHW for effectively implementation of prevention Interventions.
• Ensure established of functional bidirectional referrals system between preventive and comprehensive services.
• Lead development of annual work plan and budget specifically on proposed prevention interventions at country office and sub grantee level.
• In collaboration with other coordinators organize and conduct supportive supervision to monitor project implementation progress.
• Write/Review reports including QI (Monthly, Quarterly, semiannual and annual) and submit to Technical &QI Manager and Results Management Office Manager for review and inputs.
• Write/review success stories.
• Represent the project in relevant meetings and visits with stakeholders, including partners, donors and government as needed.
• Present quarterly progress to USAID and participate in various meetings with donors and other donor funded implementing partners.
• Develop responses to ad hoc donor requests.
• Master’s degree in a Social Science, (Public Health or Community Development) or related field
• Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in working with vulnerable young people in prevention interventions.
• Excellent training and mentorship skills in working with adult learners.
• Experience with creating strong working relationships with external stakeholders at national, regional, council, and community level to implement programs.
• Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Kiswahili and English, including report writing and presentation skills.
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.