Case Management Coordinator jobs at Deloitte Tanzania Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions
Case Management Coordinator (Ref: KHSZ/CMC/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Case Management Coordinator based in Dar es Salaam.
Will be responsible to oversee all case management and child protection activities including developing or reviewing Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), guidelines, training materials and tools. The assistant Manager HIV Case Management will monitor the implementation progress, identifying and cascading solutions to improve service delivery, document progress and sharing best practices.
• Serve as a focal person for all issues related to implementation of case management & child protection.
• With support from Technical &QI Manager and Results Management Office Manager ensure effective implementation of case management approach.
• Lead development of case management SOPs, guides and tools for use by project staff, CSOs and CCW/CHW.
• Review developed case management SOPs, guides and tools for use by project staff, CSOs and CCW/CHW.
• Ensure availability and use of recommended SOPs, guides and tools by both regional teams, CSOs and CCW/CHW.
• Provide ongoing technical and managerial capacity to regional teams, CSOs and CCW/CHW in
implementation of case management approach.
• Ensure linkage between case management and protection committees at all levels of implementation in targeted communities.
• Develop/Update referral inventory for use by CCW/CHW at community level and share with them through regional teams and CSOs.
• Identify case management gaps and develop capacity building plan targeting key implementers such as project regional teams, CSOs and CCW.
• Ensure effective and realistic coordination and collaboration is established and functional with other partners implementing case management.
• Develop coaching and mentorship plan to strengthen the capacity of implementers in identifying, enrolling, assessing, developing and monitoring care plans, referring and linking to service providers and graduating beneficiaries as well as child wellbeing.
• Support regional teams, CSOs and CCW/CHW on effective approaches for identifying appropriate child protection interventions for specific households, depending on the needs and resources available.
• In collaboration with Assistant HIV Manage ensure availability of PreP in accordance with government guidance.
• In collaboration with Regional teams and CSOs ensure pre and in-service training for CCW/CHW, and
tracking CCW/CHW monthly meetings progress.
• Oversee training provided to ensure quality and standards and where necessary participate as a facilitator.
• Provide guidance and monitor monthly progress towards OVC_SERV through ensuring that the same families are provide with services each quarter.
• Review, analyze and use data for project Monitoring and Evaluation to identify issues and develop solutions to improve service delivery and implementation.
• Develop/compile activity, monthly, progress, quarterly, biannual and annual reports and share with Technical & QI Manager and Results Management Office Manager for further review and inputs.
• In collaboration with other managers organize and conduct supportive supervision to regional, CSOs and CCHW/CHW to monitor project implementation progress, provide mentorship and coaching and ensure quality delivery of services as per national standards and donor requirements.
• Ensure proper documentation of Case files both at CSOs and Government ward level offices.
• Write/support technical staff at regional level document success stories for sharing with other staff, government, other partners and donor.
• Participate in development of annual work plan and budget and on the same at CSOs level.
• Represent Deloitte Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone at case management and Child Protection Technical Working Groups, as well as PORALG, MOHCDGEC and implementing partners meetings and high-level site visits.
• Participate in the promotion of National Integrated Case Management Systems and the National plan of action to End Violence Against Women and Children.
• Develop responses to ad hoc donor requests
• Degree in Medicine, or Public Health or related field.
• A minimum of 5+ years relevant working experience with 3 years at managerial level
• Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania
• Understanding of evidence-based HIV case management and child protection
• Technical expertise in OVC care and support, violence prevention and response, early childhood and adolescent development and education
• Demonstrated ability to develop guides, tools to ensure quality trainings.
• Experience with continuous quality improvement plan
• Technical understanding of PEPFAR 3.0 and USAID indicators and managing for performance
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and other MS Office software; data analysis software
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit