HIV Integration Officer at Deloitte Tanzania Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions April 2022
HIV Integration Officer (Ref: KHSZ/HIO/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a HIV Integration Officer based in Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma.
The HIV Integration Officer will play a key role to ensure successfully enrollment of children living with HIV(CLHIV) from facilities, implementation of 95 95 95 strategies, functional bi-directional referrals systems between communities, clinical partners and social service providers, implementation of 95 95 95 strategies and will also be responsible for developing and maintain coordination and supervision of all HIV Care and Treatment and Prevention within the region in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies.
• Develop a close working relationship with sub grantees for effective implementation of Kizazi Hodari
– Southern Zone at regional level.
• Oversee the implementation of Kizazi Hodari 95 95 95 strategies
• Support sub grantees to increase use of OVC platforms for pediatric HIV case finding, linkage to treatment and viral suppression.
• Through coaching and mentorship plan strengthen the capacity of sub grantees, CCW/CHW, health facilities on Bidirectional referrals and linkages.
• Support sub grantees and CCW/CHW to work in close collaboration with Care and Treatment partners to organize and conduct community-based HIV testing and community outreach activities.
• In collaboration with CHMT coordinate and conduct Quality Improvement meetings at district level.
• Facilitate establishment Quality improvement teams at sub grantees and CCW/CHW level.
• Work with M&E to ensure all bidirectional referrals and linkages data are produced weekly and accurately. Use data for decision making and ensure partners are using data to conduct needed follow up for systematic follow up of cases of incomplete referrals.
In collaboration with other technical staff at regional level monitor and track performance of key performance indicators.
• Strengthen collaboration and networking with clinical partners in all targeted councils in the regions.
• Build good working relationship with LGAs staff especially in priority CTCs, high volume CTCs and low volume.
• Collaborate with Case management officer to support sub grantees during enrollment of CLHIV and HEI.
• Provide technical support for integration of the project’s technical approaches for the achievement
of successful project implementation at facility level using evidence informed, innovative and best practices.
• Collaborate with other technical staff at regional office to monitor service provision packages for
Children living with HIV (CLHIV).
• Support development and monitoring of quality Improvement plans and ensure alignment to PEPFARs Site Improvement Monitoring System.
• Participate in regular review meetings to monitor project implementation progress both at regional, sub grantees and CCW/CHW level.
• Collaborate with CHMT members to organize and conduct joint supportive supervision to monitor project implementation progress.
• Identify and document best practices/success stories for sharing with partners, Donors, Government and other wider community members.
• Provide technical support in creating and strengthening linkages and referral networks between
facility and community activities ensuring there is seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes.
• On a monthly basis develop health and HIV regional updates and share with Regional Program Manager, Technical &QI manager for reviews and inputs.
• Write/Review activity, monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual report and share with Regional Program Manager for review and inputs.
• Develop responses to ad hoc donor requests
• Bachelor’s Degree in clinical studies or Medicine or equivalent qualifications
• 3 years’ experience in HIV integration services
• Hands on clinical experience in HIV service delivery and technical coordination
• Experience with PEPFAR 3. 0 funded project in Tanzania.
• Excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at health facility and community level.
• Able and willingly to work flexible hours as needed without constant or close supervision
• Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.