HIV Case Management Officer Jobs at Deloitte Tanzania April 2022
HIV Case Management Officer (Ref: KHSZ/HCMO/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a HIV Case Management Officer based in Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma.
The HIV Case Management Officer will serve as a focal person for all related case management activities at regional level through ensuring the technical cohesion of project integration, strengthening ageappropriate HIV/AIDS related and other services for improved care, health, nutrition, education, protection, livelihoods and psychosocial wellbeing of targeted beneficiaries and develop a close working relationship with sub grantees implementing Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone Project.
• Disseminate standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), guidelines, tools and job-aids to facilitate effective implementation of case management at sub grantees and CCW/CHW and household level.
• Provide ongoing coaching and mentorship to sub grantees, CCW/CHW and Social welfare officers on National Integrated Case Management (NICM), proper management of case files at both government ward offices and CSOs and ensuring project activities are age-appropriate reflecting child and youth perspective and interests.
• Collaborate with Case Management Coordinator and Technical &QI Manager to develop and roll out procedures related to graduation and transition of OVC and their households.
• Collaborate with sub grantees and other implementers at the community level such as CCW/CHW and LVs to effectively monitor and document implementation progress (data collection) in a timely and accurate manner.
• Regularly monitor implementation of project activities and use the findings to improve project quality and to pro actively identify risks related to contract compliance and propose solution.
• Collaborate with CHMT members to organize and conduct joint supportive supervision to monitor project implementation progress.
• Support sub grantees to conduct quality improvements initiatives to improve project performance.
• Facilitate establishment of Quality improvement teams at sub grantees and CCW/CHW level.
• Document lessons leant and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
• Write/Review activity, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual report and share with Regional Program Manager for review and inputs.
• In collaboration with other technical staff and coordinators facilitate trainings targeting to strengthen capacity of sub grantees, SWO, CCW/CHW
• Ensure sub grantees and CCW/CHW skills trainings are conducted in accordance with international and Tanzanian quality and standards.
• Participate in development of work plans and budget process both at national and CSOs level.
• Work in partnership with government authorities at all level to successful implement Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone project.
• Develop responses to ad hoc donor requests
• Bachelor in relevant Medicine, clinical or any other related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in atleast one of the following technical areas: Social work, Child Protection, OVC care, health, nutrition, education and psychosocial wellbeing.
• Experience of working with child protection structures
• Experience with PEPFAR 3.0 funded projects in Tanzania
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and other MS Office software; data analysis software
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.