HR and Admin Officer job opportunity at Deloitte Tanzania Dar es Salaam
HR and Admin Officer (Ref: KHSZ/HAO/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a HR and Admin Officer based in Dar es Salaam.
Responsible for providing human resource and administrative support to the program management and staff and ensure day to day administration activities of the project are well coordinated
• Provide support in recruitment from advertising, shortlisting to selecting suitable candidates.
• Assist in on boarding new staff including coordination of a ‘buddy’ to assist them to adopt to the program culture and working environment.
• Support the coordination of trainings for all program staff.
• Provide administrative support to meet the needs of staff by preparing relevant correspondence
such as formal letters to banks, police etc.
• Ensure staff documents are stored in their personnel files, the information is updated in the system, and confidentiality is maintained.
• Ensure staff are on track with performance management including goal and other performance management processes through sending reminders and follow up emails.
• Prepare monthly reports on human resource (HR) functions including leave, performance management and staff statistics.
• Organize and coordinate wellness sessions for staff every quarter.
• Ensure requisition requests for procurement of items needed for program operations are initiated.
• Ensure staff, at the headquarters and the regions, are provided with proper working tools and resources including phones, computers/ laptops, printers and adequately equipped offices.
• Ensure staff are provided with airtime and internet data on a monthly basis.
• Work with the Transport and Fleet Management Officer to coordinate the logistics of the program staff.
• Work with the Transport and Fleet Management Officer to ensure all vehicles are insured, have the statutory documents and are serviced in a timely manner.
• Validate advances and retirements for drivers to ensure accuracy.
• Facilitate vendor payments in a timely manner.
• Prepare reports on the vehicles’ performance on a quarterly basis.
• Prepare monthly reports on the fuel consumption and cost analysis and suggest ways to ways to reduce costs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Psychology or related field
• A minimum of two-years relevant working experience
• Good communication skills, planning and coordination skills
• Excellent interpersonal skill
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.