Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs at Deloitte Tanzania April 2022
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Ref: KHSZ/MEO/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer based in Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Office will be responsible for supporting monitoring and evaluation activities under the technical direction of Senior Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer. She/he will support in data collection, analysis and overall management of monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities in the region including the development of work plans and indicator frameworks, support for data management and reporting.
• Support data analysis, visualization and use of data to assess daily and monthly trends including to engage technical staff in analysis and implications of data for programming.
• Support data analysis, visualization and use of data to assess daily and monthly trends including to
engage technical staff in analysis and implications of data for programming.
• Coordinate function for producing data and feeding to regional program and technical officer for reports.
• Provided technical assistance to sub grantees on developing and monitoring targets in compliance with Monitoring and Evaluation plan.
• Organize and conduct regular data monitoring visits to sub grantees, review and provide feedback on sub grantees performance report.
• Serve as a mentor to sub grantees and provide technical assistance in various areas related to monitoring and evaluation.
• Facilitate communication between the technical and monitoring and evaluation team.
• In collaboration with other technical staff conduct data quality assessment (DQAs)
• Generate data for use in various reports.
• Provide technical guidance and support to Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone operations programs.
• Design adopt or update monitoring tools as per project M&E plan and ensure use of appropriate tools in collection, compilation and utilization.
• Facilitate and strengthen quality control mechanism for M&E processes and review of project documents.
• Prepare and submit periodic consolidated reports of ongoing M&E activities, progress
• against outcomes and outputs of the BMF program.
• Support regional team in the implementation of the project’s planned activities.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Statistics, IT, Business Administration, Social sciences, or equivalent Qualification
• 3 years’ experience supporting OVC programmatic activities
• Monitoring and Evaluation added advantage
• Experience in training/workshop facilitation, mentoring and proven ability to maintain effective
work relationships with government and other partners.
• Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures
• Communication and planning skills
• Research abilities and analytical abilities
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.