Senior Grants Officer Jobs at Deloitte Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions Tanzania
Senior Grants Officer (Ref: KHSZ/SGO/03-22)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Kizazi Hodari – Sothern Zone project in Tanzania. This is a five years’ project (March 2022 to February 2027) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health to achieve HIV epidemic control by improving the health, well-being, and protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and youth in high HIV burden communities within the Southern Zones of Tanzania specifically Iringa, Njombe and Ruvuma regions.
The program intends to increase access to and use of health/HIV, social, and protection services among OVC and youth in order to contribute to 95-95-95 goals: 95% of persons living with HIV (PLHIV) know their HIV status; 95% of PLHIV who know their status are on treatment; and 95% of PLHIV on treatment are virally suppressed, by 2030. Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, a highly competent individual with exemplary ethical conduct to join Kizazi Hodari – Southern Zone program as a Senior Grants Officer based in Dar es Salaam.
Coordinate the grants making process for the sub-grantees. Facilitate the fund disbursement as per the approved budget, monitor the implementation of sub grantee activities and build the capacity of the sub grantees to ensure effective management of funds and timely reporting.
• Coordinate and supervise the work of the Grants and Finance Officers.
• Prepare the monthly and quarterly work plans.
• Coordinate the grants making process from solicitation to contracting which includes review/ preparation of their proposals and budgets.
• Request funds on behalf of the sub grantees based on the work plans for their day-to-day activities.
• Review accountabilities monthly after funds disbursement and retirement by the sub grantee and check that activities were carried out as per the approved budget.
• Prepare payroll on behalf of the sub grantees and process statutory payments in a timely manner.
• Collect and review bank reconciliations from the sub grantees.
• Process mobile payments for sub grantees for various program activities.
• Prepare budgets for trainings, meetings, and coordinate venues for training.
• Process vendor payments by preparing payment sheets.
• Ensure all trackers are completed and submitted within agreed deadlines (Advance vs. Accountability Tracker, Statutory Deductions Tracker, Volunteers Allowance Tracker, Bank Reconciliation Tracker, Daily Mobile Payments Tracker/Register, etc.).
• Build the capacity of the sub grantees on the application of the USAID financial rules and regulations
for the implementation of program activities.
• Ensure the Sub grantees Fixed Asset Register is up to date and verifications are done annually.
• Ensure smooth and proper management of the audit process from initiation, field visits, responding
to issues and exit (sign off) meetings at all levels.
• Prepare weekly reports for the grants team weekly update sessions on sub grantees.
• Prepare an expenditure analysis report monthly.
• Conduct supportive supervision visits for assigned sub grantees (portfolio) on a quarterly basis.
• Prepare quarterly grants and finance reports on the sub grantees’ performance and submit to the Grants Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
• A minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
• Good knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
• Good knowledge of grants management
Mode of Application
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to KizaziHodari-SouthernZone@deloitte.co.tz For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line.
Submission deadline is 15th April 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.