Driver Job opportunity at Danish Refugee Council April, 2022
Job title: Driver
Reporting to: Supply Chain Team Leader
Technical line manager: Supply Chain Team Leader
Direct reports: N/A
Unit/department: Supply Chain
Location: Kibondo/ Kasulu
Overall purpose of the role:
The objectives of this position is to perform the driving of DRC vehicles and ensure the safety of staff, looking after the vehicle assign to you and ensuring that DRC driving rules and regulations as well as those of the United Republic of Tanzania are strictly adhered to.
• To perform all regular driving vehicles duties for DRC Tanzania
• To ensure that you are familiar with safety procedures relating to vehicle and travel, and that all procedures and guidelines are followed.
• To take responsibility for safety of passengers, and to ensure both driver and passengers fasten seatbelts at all times.
• To ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and fueled at all times
• To carry out daily checks (water, oil, battery, tires, windscreen wipers, etc.) and clean the vehicles to which you are driving
• To accurately record all journeys made in the log sheets of the vehicle.
• To ensure that all traffic regulations in Tanzania and speed limits are observed at all times.
• To adhere to all security guidelines of DRC
• Responsible for all equipment’s and tools on board on the vehicle and account for.
• Responsible of goods loaded in the vehicle and deliver them to the recipient in good conditions.
• To ensure that the vehicle is securely locked at all times when not in use
• To perform related duties as and when required by DRC
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 2 years working experience especially within the rough road context
• A valid driving license which covers all light vehicle
• Responsible attitude and a mature understanding of the nature of the work
• Experience of driving four-wheel drive vehicles
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Verbal and written in English
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
• Secondary education level is required
• Driving college certificates
• Fluent in English
• Danish Refugee Council staff members
Core competencies Basic Advanced Expert
Striving for excellence ☐ ☒ ☐
Collaborating ☐ ☒ ☐
Taking the lead ☐ ☒ ☐
Communicating ☐ ☒ ☐
Demonstrating integrity ☐ ☐ ☒
•Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
•Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
•Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
The deadline for submitting the application is 15 April 2022.