ICT Security Specialist Jobs at Institute of Accountancy Arusha April, 2022
The Institute of Accountancy Arusha is a parastatal academic institution offering Undergraduate and Postgraduate training programmes. It is established by the Institute of Accountancy Arusha Act No.1 of 1990 and is located at Njiro Hill, seven kilometers Southern-East of Arusha City. The Institute of Accountancy Arusha hereby invites applicants whom are competent and qualified.
To become an exemplary centre of excellence in modern business management training, research and consultancy services.
To provide high quality, competence-based training and offer research and consultancy services through applied technology.
ICT SECURITY SPECIALIST – 1
We are looking for an ICT Security Specialist who possesses a passion for both foundational and emerging cyber security technologies in a growing and dynamic environment.
As part of this role, he/she will be providing expert strategic, tactical and operational advice, technical support, delivering specialist security products, and contributing to security standards and procedures for all ICT services and products offered to various Institute stakeholders.
He/she will participate directly in the planning, delivery, and monitoring of security solutions to ensure confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of various ICT resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT security systems administration – Act as system administrator for a variety of security-related systems, including but not limited to: intrusion detection and prevention devices, connection loggers, vulnerability scanners, and network monitoring devices. Create scripts to codify and automate common practices. Create and maintain appropriate documentation;
- Security monitoring and audit – Analyze information produced by a wide variety of systems for the purpose of identifying, diagnosing, and mitigating existing or potential threats to the Institute network and computing environment. Create reports for management, departmental IT staff reflecting ICT security trends and status. Recommend remedial or preventive measures suggested by the data. Work with others to implement these suggestions and to measure their success over time;
- Work with representatives from other units, management, and Institute staff to improve the security of the Institute network and computing environment;
- Assist in the development of a set of best practices, and work with others to implement them throughout the organization;
- Prepare and distribute important information, including reports, security alerts, or advisories, to the audience most appropriate for each; and
- Collect feedback from Institute’s IT staff and end users about the effectiveness of ICT security measures, and share this feedback with teammates and management.
- 3+ years of experience as a security specialist in cyber security response, operations, projects or design, in an enterprise-level organization;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems and monitoring tools support and administration;
- Working knowledge of at least one high-level scripting/programming language, and skill in the design, writing, testing and debugging of computer programs or (PERL, PHP, Python , Java, C/C++);
- Proven Unix system administration skills in the Linux and Windows environments;
- Practical experience in planning, leading and proactively delivering security aspects of projects, including detailed security designs and the configuration, development, testing and deployment of security-related technologies;
- Proven skills managing TCP/IP-based networking, Network Admission Control systems, and using common network troubleshooting tools and techniques;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of wireless networking;
- Strong planning, organization and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects without direct supervision; and
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate on highly technical topics with a wide range of people, including delivering successful presentations to varied groups (technical, non-technical, etc.);
- Commonly recognized security-related certification: CISSP, SSCP, GSE-GIAC, CCSA, CCSE, etc. will be an added advantage;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Engineering or in related field
General Conditions to Interested Applicants:
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants must attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) bearing reliable contacts, postal address, e-mail address and accessible, reliable mobile phone numbers and three reputable referees
- All applications must be attached with relevant copies of academic certificates & transcripts
- Form IV & VI certificates (if applicable),
- Birth certificate iv. Form IV result slips, partial testimonials or partial result slips are strictly not accepted
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies and universities should have been authenticated by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and TCU
- All attachment should be in one PDF document.
- Applicants with special needs/cases or disability are encouraged to apply and are supposed to indicate so in their application letters
- Women are highly encouraged to apply ix. Only shortlisted applicants will be informed on the date for interview x. Application letters should be in English.
- Application letters and documents should be sent through Email at IAA Main Campus at Njiro- Arusha
All applications should be directed to:
INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANCY ARUSHA
P. O. BOX 2798
Through email: email@example.com For More Inquiries Contact: +255 272970232.
Deadline for applications is 14th April, 2022 at 04:00 pm