Job Opportunity at EGPAF, Regional HR Advisor April, 2022
Job Opportunity at EGPAF, Regional HR Advisor April, 2022
Title : Regional Human Resources Advisor
Location : Africa-based; candidates must have work authorization in one of our countries of operation
Reports To : Sr. Director, International HR
Estimated Travel : Up to 30-40% (COVID travel restrictions permitting)
- Required visits to Country Offices within Region (minimum one week per visit)
- Occasional internal conferences & events (e.g. HR Conference)
- Short Temporary Assignments as needed, e.g backstopping Country HR Partner
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Regional HR Advisor will provide hands -on HR guidance and support to assigned EGPAF country programs in Africa. Under the supervision of the Sr. International HR Director, and working in close collaboration with the international HR team in the US, the Regional HR Advisor builds the capacity of country HR teams and assists them to develop their HR function. The incumbent advises on and promotes HR policies and strategies in the assigned region and helps align all country offices in their implementation.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
- Provides remote and in-country generalist HR support to 6-7 assigned EGPAF country offices covering full range of HR issues, with a focus on recruitment, performance management, employee relations, HR compliance, and HR systems support.
- Conducts regular support visits, both in-person and virtual to assigned country offices,
- Provides ongoing advice, guidance and coaching to country HR partners (HRP’s) & teams, assisting them to implement EGPAF HR policies, systems, goals and standards. Coaches country teams to resolve complex HR issues.
- Carries out country HR compliance and risk reviews, advising HR staff on compliance issues, looking for trends across countries and following up and supporting the resolution of irregularities.
- Provides rapid support for critical employee relations & disciplinary issues and HR emergencies. Provides temporary HR cover when key HR personnel depart, to ensure continuity.
- Assists country offices to manage key transitions, including COVID-related changes, surge support (in countries experiencing rapid upscaling), close-out support, change management etc. Participates in project transition teams and calls.
- Supports the recruitment and comprehensive orientation / onboarding of new HR partners in country, including provision of coaching and general support.
- Provides intensive HR systems / technical support and training to each assigned country, including support with managing the Foundation’s performance management system, HRIS, learning & development systems, etc.
- Monitors country HR data and information systems to ensure accurate and timely reporting of HR data. Performs periodic audits and reconciles records to ensure all employee details are accurately captured.
- Ensures detailed reporting of all employee relations issues, safety / security issues, and other key concerns. Facilitates open channels of communication between country HR and the international HR team, e.g. through sharing monthly reports / updates from each country.
- Supports the recruitment of key regional and country level roles in liaison with country HR and the senior management team.
- Assists with planning, facilitating and leading country-focused staff training initiatives, both remote and in-person, including management / leadership training programs, DEIB training, conduct in the workplace etc.
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent HR qualification
- 8-10+ years of professional experience in HR
- In-depth knowledge of human resource information systems (user and administrator), and automation of HR processes
- Willing to travel when required with flexibility to occasionally spend extended periods in specific countries during emergencies (up to 1 month at a time)
- Expertise in national labour law, employment legislation & employment practices in the Africa context
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant, able to promote and support diversity in the workplace, and able to gain the trust and respect of peers
Bonus points if you have:
- Regional/international HR experience
- Multi-country/multi-cultural HR manager experience
- Experience working in a donor-funded, project-oriented non-profit environment
- French or Portuguese fluency
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS, and we are making an impact. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day, while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. Join us on our fight for an AIDS-free generation!
As a global, multinational and multicultural organization, EGPAF believes that diversity in the workplace enriches our work and enhances our impact and effectiveness. We believe that employees have the right to work in a climate of mutual respect and integrity that promotes dignity and respect for all, and that enables them to reach their full potential. The Foundation is committed to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEI&B), and we strongly encourage those with the following identities to apply: BIPOC, women and non-binary, LGBTQIA+, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and other members of marginalized communities.
EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to country law requirements, EGPAF complies with US laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
The Foundation does not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process. If you are asked to pay a fee at any stage of recruitment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .