UDSM admission 2022/23 | Mini – Application Window, UDSM Admission login, UDSM Undergraduates application 2022/23. The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is the oldest and premier public university in Tanzania. It is situated 13 kilometers on the western side of the city of Dar es Salaam, occupying 1,625 acres on the observation hill, famously known as Mlimani in Kiswahili.
It was established on 25th October 1961 as the University College Dar es Salaam (UCD), an affiliate college of the University of London. It was temporarily hosted in the premises belonging to Tanganyika African National Union (TANU) located in Lumumba Street, Dar es Salaam from its establishment up to 1964 when it was moved to the current location at the Hill. At its inception, it had only one faculty, the Faculty of Law, with 13 students among them one female, Julie Manning.
In 1963, it became a constituent college of the University of East Africa together with Makerere University College in Uganda and Nairobi University College in Kenya. UDSM became a full-fledged university on 1st July 1970 through Act No. 12 of 1970.
UDSM admission 2022/23 | Mini – Application Window
Applications are invited from qualified candidates wishing to pursue Bachelor Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates of the University of Dar es Salaam. All prospective applicants can start lodging their applications online at https://udsm.admission.ac.tz from 15th June 2022.
APPLICATIONS INTO BACHELOR DEGREES WILL INVOLVE:
a) Direct entry Applicants
- Form Six applicants; and
- Form Six applicants with foreign certificates (e.g. Cambridge, IB-Diploma etc.) recognized by NECTA aequivalent to Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination.
b) Equivalent Qualifications Applicants
- Applicants with Diploma in teacher education;
- Applicants with Full Technician Certificates (FTC);
- Applicants who completed their Ordinary Diploma in technical education (NTA Level 6);
- All applicants with other diplomas (non-NTA level 6) from Tanzanian institutions recognized by TCU/NACTVET; and
- All applicants with diplomas from outside Tanzania which have been recognized by TCU/ NACTVET;
General Minimum Entry Requirements for Bachelor Degrees
(a) Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E.) or equivalent, with passes in FIVE approved subjects THREE of which must be at Credit level obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E.) or equivalent AND (Direct Applicants)
(b) Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E.) with two principal passes with a total of 4.0 points in Two Subjects defining the admission into the respective programme.
1. For all Applicants except Graduates of 2014 and 2015:
- A = 5; B = 4; C = 3; D = 2; E = 1; S = 0.5 and F = 0 point
- The minimum Principal in this case is an ‘E’ grade.
- A = 5; B+ = 4; B = 3; C = 2; D = 1; E = 0.5 and F = 0 point.
- The minimum Principal in this case is a ‘D’ grade.
Principal Level Passes in appropriate subjects in the A.C.S.E.E. or equivalent with total points from three subjects not below 5
4. Principal level passes in Divinity/Islamic Knowledge are not counted
OR (Equivalent Applicants)
An appropriate equivalent Diploma of a GPA not less than 3.5 for Ordinary Diplomas or B average for Teacher Education and Health Related diplomas or Distinction for unclassified awards or B grade for Full Technician Certificates or Upper Second Class for non-NTA diplomas obtained from a college which is fully registered by TCU/ NACTVET and approved by the UDSM Senate.
Note: Entry qualifications into Diploma and Certificates along with detailed Entry Requirements for Bachelor Degrees can be obtained from the admission guidebooks and specific announcements downloadable from https://udsm.ac.tz/
MODE OF APPLICATION
All applications are processed through the Online Admission System of the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM-OLAS) at www.udsm.admission.ac.tz. Applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of ten thousand Tanzanian shillings (TZS 10,000) for Tanzanians. All payments may be done through mobile payment i.e. M-Pesa, Tigo-Pesa, Halopesa, T-pesa and Airtel-Money after obtaining a control number. Non-Tanzanians applying from abroad will be allowed to get through the application process without payment but they will be required to pay 10 USD upon arrival.