Nurse Midwifes Jobs At Medical Teams International ( 14 Posts ). Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MTI obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and new-born caring standards and under the supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
Nurse Midwifes Jobs At Medical Teams International ( 14 Posts )
- Department Programs
- Reports to Medical Officer Technical
- Location Medical Teams – Nduta Refugee Camp
- Work Days & Hours Monday-Sunday, 40-45 hours/week as per duty roster. May include weekends, night shifts and public holidays
- Supervises Direct: NA Technical: NA
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Provide comprehensive maternal and child services to mothers during and after pregnancy, including managing complications and referring high risk pregnancies.
- Responsible for delivering babies, preparing birth attestation and monitoring the general health condition of the mother and the new-born.
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Provide counselling to mothers on pregnancy and post-pregnancy management, including proper breastfeeding techniques, bathing and preparation of bottles.
- Participate in PHC activities including health education, family planning, preparing for childbirth, HCT services and nutrition programs, as well as PMTCT activities at the health facility and within the community.
- Provide primary care to women of reproductive age in accordance with the Basic Package of Health Services.
- Provide all non-surgical methods of family planning and provide counselling for surgical methods.
- Ensure babies are immunized according to schedule.
- Support Clinicians in the management of sexual violence cases.
- Monitor the consumption of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs.
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met.
- Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to
- professional and MTI Codes of Conduct.
- Ensure data collected is accurate and submit reports according to schedule.
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
2 years of nursing/midwifery experience is required.
Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of professional midwifery principles, procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of medical and non-medical waste disposal procedures.
- Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol.
- Skilled in applying professional midwifery care principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good command of both written and spoken English.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct.
- Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice.
- Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient first.
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy.
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress.
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Nurse Midwife”.
Application Deadline: 29th of June 2022 at 1700HRS.