3 Job vacancies at US Embassy Dar es Salaam _ GSO Housing Assistant
Job vacancies at US Embassy Dar es Salaam. The mission of the United States Embassy is to advance the interests of the United States, and to serve and protect U.S. citizens in Tanzania
Job vacancies at US Embassy Dar es Salaam
GSO Housing Assistant – 3 Posts
Dar es Salaam
Year Salary: (TZS) TSh29,568,947 Per Year
US Embassy Dar es Salaam
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make Ready (40%)Manages the preparation of properties between occupants (make-ready) from start to finish and ensures homes are clean, safe, and ready when the occupant arrives.
- Identifies upcoming properties that will undergo a make-ready and notifies Embassy service providers (Facilities, Residential Security, POSHO, Property, etc.) and landlord at least 30 days in advance.
- Reviews properties after pack-out and establishes a make-ready scope of work. Sets a make-ready schedule in conjunction with Embassy service providers and landlords and coordinates all make ready activities.
- Monitors progress and anticipates potential delays, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Provides quality control of make-ready repairs through :frequent inspections. Ensures that properties are ready for assigned residents arrive at post.
Maintenance and Repair (40%)
- Resolves all M&R requests in their portfolio within 1 day for emergencies and 1 week for non-emergencies.
- Serves as the primary POC for M&R between the landlord and the Embassy. Submits repair requests to landlord and schedules repairs.
- Coordinates access with residents and landlord’s repair personnel and submits security access requests.
- Ensures that repairs are completed by the deadline.
- Reviews repairs for quality assurance and helps communicate quality standards to the landlord and their repairmen.
- Keeps customer updated at every step of the process.
- Updates work order application (MyServices) throughout the repair and confirms completion with the customer before closing ticket.
- Monitors the performance of the housing services contractors in their portfolio for residential gardening, pool maintenance cleaning, trash collection and curtain contracts.
- Submits purchase request for these services at least 1 week in advance of requirement and ensures they are fully approved before authorizing vendor service.
- Communicates with the vendor to secure proforma invoices and inform them of start work orders; confirms services receipt and assists with invoice payments.
- Coordinates with utility companies and suppliers.
- Resolves utility work within deadlines by coordinating corrective action with FM, landlords, and the utilities company.
- Drafts and delivers correspondence to utility providers.
- Transfers utility accounts for new leases to the U.S. Embassy.
- Coordinates the repair of broken meters, leaking mainlines, downed powerlines, or other utility infrastructure. Coordinates inspection, repair, and refueling of residential generators in coordination with the Facilities residential generator technician.
- Responsible from start-to-finish for identifying and leasing new residences and adding them to the housing pool.
- Locates properties for leasing in compliance with Post’s approved housing profile. Conducts initial negotiations with potential landlords and recommends prime properties to the Housing GSO.
- Assists in all stages of the formal lease negotiation and provides guidance on local regulations, practices, and conditions.
- Submits needed waivers (lease waiver to the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations (OBO).
- Maintains all lease files and keeps documents up to date.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with landlords and serves and the primary POC between the Embassy and landlord. Translates landlord correspondence as needed.
- Recommends to the Housing GSO when to renegotiate or terminate a lease based on market conditions.
- Notifies budget and fiscal office of due dates for lease payments and resolves any payment disputes.
- Tracks land rent payments for any U.S. Government-owned properties, including tracking amounts, due dates, and initiating payment.
- Serves as POC on any land rent issue with Government of Tanzania.
Special Projects (10%)
- Completes special projects as assigned. Other related duties as assigned.
- GSO Housing Assistant Job Vacancies at the US Embassy Dar es Salaam
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Three years of progressive experience in property management, leasing, real estate, or facilities maintenance is required.
2-year University Studies is required.
LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) in English is required. Good Working Knowledge (speaking/reading/writing) in Kiswahili is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Class Band D Driver’s license is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
The Deadline for Submitting Applications is 1st September 2022.