Financial Accountant Job Vacancy at Ongeza Tanzania Limited
Financial Accountant Job Vacancy at Ongeza Tanzania Limited – Full Time. Ongeza is a social enterprise creating a sustainable and scalable model ,That reaches the last mile to rural customers.
Job Overview: Location ; Arusha Tanzania
Company description: Ongeza is a social enterprise creating a sustainable and scalable model that reaches rural customers in the last mile. Ongeza sales directly to rural customers.
Ongeza products save rural customers money, increase their income and improve their quality of life. Products include but are not limited to solar light, efficient stoves, agricultural equipment and inputs, water solutions and transportation of equipment. Ongeza plans to grow quickly across Tanzania. Ongeza is a startup which has secured it first round of funding and is build an excellent and high performing team to establish and grow the business.
Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and accounting records maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annually Financial Statements and supporting working papers.
- Perform General Ledger reconciliations (Assets, liabilities, Revenue and Expenditures) Oversee Monthly Sales Reconciliation as per Accounts, VAT Returns, EFD and Banking.
- Calculate taxes owed; comply with tax requirements around payment and reporting.
- Preparation of provision of expenses and prepayment amortization at the month end.
- Recording, classifying and summarizing financial transaction and events in accordance
with accepted local accounting principle and financial reporting standards.
- Manage company cash flow revenue and cost bringing to the attention of management any abnormality in the disbursement of the company fund.
- Advising on the improvement of financial management system, internal control system, and budgeting.
- Cooperation with external auditors to carry out annual external Audit.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget execution reports and variances analysis.
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree majoring in accounting or its equivalent.2-5 years’ experience in Finance Controlling, Management Accounting or financial reporting of international service / projects based organization.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)Knowledge of Tax laws and regulations.
- Knowledge in Computer System and Applications, mainly Quick book CPA Qualifications is added advantage.
- Managerial experience will be added advantage.
Skills & Capabilities
- Good knowledge in office automation tools like excel spreadsheets.
- Communication skills good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Analytical skills strong risk and financial analysis skills being Creative and Proactive.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines independent and objective decisions maker
- High level of integrity
Application: Please send you cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Apply not later than 15th November 2022