RIPS summer internship 2023 in the United States, RIPS summer internship 2023 in USA, RIPS summer internship 2023 application form, The Research in Industrial Projects for Students (RIPS) Programs provide an opportunity for talented undergraduate students to work in teams on real-world research projects proposed by sponsors from industry or the public sector.
Each student team, with support from their academic mentor and industry mentor, will research the problem and present the results, both orally and in writing, at the end of the program. Subsequent to the RIPS program, some student teams choose to publish their results, or present them at national conferences.
RIPS Summer Internship 2023, United States:
- United States
- University in California, Los Angeles
- The Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM)
RIPS Program Duration:
- The duration of the RIPS-LA internship for students is nine weeks.
RIPS Program Dates:
- June 20 – August 18, 2023.
RIPS Summer Internship Benefits 2023
IPAM provides each undergraduate student with a wide range of support and incentives. These include:
- Stipend of $4,000
- Travel allowance
- Housing and meals on campus
- Site-visit with sponsors (subject to confirmation)
- Limited partial support for future travel to select conferences
- Foreign students (studying in the US or abroad) are eligible
- Graduating seniors are eligible
RIPS is a program for students who are enrolled in or have just completed an undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree. Recent graduates who have received their degree no earlier than December 2022 may apply for RIPS 2023. Students with a strong background in mathematics and an interest in seeing how mathematics is used in the real world are encouraged to apply. Most of the projects have a significant computational component, so that proficiency (or at least some experience) in computer science, data analysis or numerical computation is valuable, but not necessary for everyone. Competition is high for the limited slots available. International students are eligible to apply for RIPS-LA.
The program emphasizes research, of course, but this is just part of it. You will experience group work, perhaps for the first time, and learn to navigate the team environment. In addition, there is a significant emphasis on the presentation of your research. You will write a formal final report for your “client” (the industry sponsor) as well as prepare and give midterm and final presentations of your work to an audience that includes students, faculty, industry professionals, and others. The last two weeks of the program are devoted to the final report and presentation, culminating in “Projects Day” and your site visit to your sponsor’s office, lab or facility.
Eligibility Criteria of the RIPS Summer Internship 2023, USA
- International Students can apply for the RIPS-LA.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidates from around the world are eligible for the program.
- Candidates must be undergraduate students or recent graduates.
How to Apply for the RIPS Summer Internship Program 2023
- The applicants have to apply online through the official website.
- Candidates must log in to their account for applying.
- Candidates should fill out the standard cover sheet.
- Candidates must enter their two reference writers. Make sure to click the green arrow to ensure the delivery of email requests to the respected writers.
- Click on the submit button, it will automatically direct you to the RIPS application form.
- Candidates need to fill out the RIPS summer internship 2023 application form.
- A candidate should have all the related documents to upload.
- All required fields should be properly filled up.
- The applicants will receive the submission notification after the successful completion of the application form.
Required Documents for the RIPS-LA Internship 2023
- Detailed CV.
- Copy of Academic transcripts.
RIPS Internship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline for the RIPS summer internship program 2023 in the United States is February 13, 2023, at 8:59 PM (Pacific Time).
RIPS-LA runs June 20 – August 18, 2023. Students will live in residence halls on the UCLA campus and will work at IPAM, which will provide technical support and offices. We expect to have nine projects, but the sponsors and projects are not yet finalized.