Clinical Officer at Medical Teams International TanzaniaClinical Officer (16)
Clinical Officer (16) Medical Teams International Tanzania
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Organizing and ensuring medical consultations to the target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of medical competencies and referring them when appropriate and Controls the rational distribution of medicine and attends to emergency cases in the health facility
- Ensuring the implementation and standardization of Medical Teams clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to guarantee the quality of patient care management. Promoting and maintaining confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records.
- Implementing diagnosis, prescription and prevention procedures that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services, when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
- Participating in the planning and supervision, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained. Ensuring cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols. Reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service. List item
- In cases of emergency, carrying out first aid care and treatment according to protocols in order to reduce mortality rates
- Recording in the individual patient’s card and registration books, all performed medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
- Participating in data collection and reporting when required
- Knowing and implementing Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
- Knowing and promoting the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol.
- Keep the patient and family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow; verify understanding to ensure informed consent and adherence to treatment
- Participate in community mobilization and sensitization on curative and preventative health services
- Ensure general hygiene standards and universal precautions are followed at all times and implement and monitor actions to reduce bio-hazard risks and improve infection control
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care
- Ensure that medical decisions are made with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary process as per MTI policy
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Registration with Tanganyika Medical Council is required
- Valid practising license is a MUST
- 2 years of clinical medicine experience is required
- Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV and AIDS and communicable diseases
- Knowledge of professional clinical medicine principles, procedures and techniques
- Knowledge of medicines, hygiene protocol and IPC measures
- Skilled in applying clinical medicine principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of patients
- Skilled in prescribing correct medication
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct
- Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice
- Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient first
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions..
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
Application Procedure: All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter, CV, Certified Academic Certificates, Valid Practicing License & Registration from Professional bodies, in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Referral Focal Person – Dar es Salaam”.
Application Deadline: 22nd of December 2022 at 1700HRS.
Beware that Medical Teams does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing application, or any other fee). Medical Teams does not request any information related to bank accounts. If asked of any payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
how to apply