21 Nurse at Medical Teams International Tanzania
Nurse at Medical Teams International Tanzania,, Job Description.Nurse (21) Medical Teams International Tanzania MTI Calling , Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world
Responsible for providing a comprehensive nursing package that includes preventive, curative and public health education services
Ensure quality of care in line with Medical Officers and Clinical Officers prescriptions, medical protocols and universal hygiene standards.
- Provide nursing services including observation, diagnosis and treatment in consultation with the Clinical Officer
- Maintain personal contact with patients, take note of their complaints, carry out corrective measure and escalate for further action if necessary and participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary
- Ensure patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Ensure patients are comfortable and in a healthy and secure environment to enhance quick recovery
- Assist with ward rounds to complete paperwork required for admission and discharging of patients
- Dispense medication according to prescription, ensuring correct labelling and directions; Ensure patient understands how to take medicine by providing clear instructions
- Participate in PHC activities including health education, MCH activities and nutrition programs
- Carry out family planning, PMTCT and HCT services both at the health facility and within the community
- Monitor the consumption of drugs and equipment required for nursing activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs
- Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met
- Ensure data collected is accurate and submit reports according to schedule
- Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Degree or Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing is required
- Registration with the Nurses and Midwives Council is required
- Valid practicing license is a MUST
- 2 years of nursing experience is required
- Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of professional nursing principles, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of medical and non-medical waste disposal procedures
- Knowledge of hygiene management and IPC protocol
- Skilled in applying professional nursing care principles and procedures in the evaluation and treatment of patients
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and adhere to professional code of conduct
- Ability to treat all patients and staff with respect, without prejudice
- Ability to provide high quality, ethical, compassionate care that places the needs of the patient first
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions..
The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
Application Procedure: All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter, CV, Certified Academic Certificates, Valid Practicing License & Registration from Professional bodies, in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: email@example.com
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Referral Focal Person – Dar es Salaam”.
Application Deadline: 22nd of December 2022 at 1700HRS.