New Job Vacancies at Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA), SEGA offers employees flexible, welcoming, and professional, opportunities for career progression. The staff enjoys benefits such as morning tea, lunch on weekdays, and… and a number of other benefits. (LIST OTHER BENEFITS). (such as? healthcare, competitive pay structure, continued education, the opportunity to learn and improve English language skills, community outreach opportunities, etc.)
Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA), www.sega.or.tz is a non-profit organization with offices at Mkundi area, Morogoro Municipal, mandated to operate in Tanzania mainland with registration No 00NG/R2/0000232. With a particular focus on vulnerable girls, its mission is to educate and equip bright Tanzanian girls with academic, leadership, and business skills to unleash their individual talents and reach their full potential.
3 New Job Vacancies at Secondary Education for Girls Advancement (SEGA) Morogoro
CHILD PROTECTION OFFICER (CPO)
The Child Protection Officer (CPO) will form part of SEGA Team and will report to both the Headmistress and SEGA Director. The CPO will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of SEGA’s Child Protection Policy, supporting the protection and rights of all SEGA beneficiaries (children). The CPO ensures that the policy is well-understood and implemented by SEGA staff, partners and stakeholders at all levels and through all SEGA activities. Responsibilities include conducting trainings to SEGA staff and children, orienting staff to and maintaining processes of reporting, conducting regular field visits to programs, and collaborating with local government authorities as appropriate.\
- Bachelor Degree or Masters in child protection, law, social work, community development or relevant field
- Significant professional experience of at least 3 years, including experience working in school projects for Local NGO’s or International NGOs
- Excellent understanding of the child protection sector, intersection of child protection with other thematic areas
- Strong commitment to capacity building of children and staffs.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Commitment to SEGA values, including child rights and gender equity, and willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) OFFICER– 1 POST
The Information Technology Support Specialist is responsible for ensuring smooth functioning of all information technology across the organization and will provide direct technical assistance and support to SEGA staff for network, hardware, and software issues. Duties include maintaining the server, installing and maintaining computer software and hardware systems on 50 staff and 50 student laptops and desktops, resolving internet and network access issues (both wired and wireless), providing
network printer support, maintaining and facilitating development of the database, providing training to staff on software and hardware and troubleshooting any issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Information Technology
- Excellent spoken and written Swahili and English
- 3 years of working experience with the ability to work well independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage, encourage and build the capacity of others
MONITORING AND EVALUATION LEARNING COORDINATOR – 1 POST
The MEL Coordinator will be responsible for developing and improving SEGA’s M&E systems throughout the organization. The incumbent will be responsible for familiarizing themselves with all SEGA’s programs and developing an appropriate mechanism for evaluating each one as related to the core organization’s objectives. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for working closely with program colleagues to ensure high quality and accuracy in data collection, data analysis, and interpretations, data storage, and providing evidence-based decision-making ability to improve the programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Planning and Monitoring, IT, Statistics, Development studies, Social Sciences, Business Administration, and similar studies; Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or a similar field is an added advantage
- At least 5 years’ experience with a good experience in M&E trends
- Excellent written and spoken English including experience writing internal and donor reports
- Strong command of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email
- Experience in designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research /evaluations
- Ability to organize, conduct training and Presentation of M&E data.
- Experience in working with programs from Non-Governmental Organizations.A self-motivated person who can work effectively in diverse teams, and adhere to deadlines Attention to detail and Commitment to SEGA values including child rights and gender equality
NB: For all the positions, SEGA is looking for a person who is willing and ready to start immediately in January 2023. Females are highly encouraged to apply.