Australia awards scholarship 2024, Australia awards scholarship 2023-2024, Australia scholarship 2023 for international students, Australia fully funded scholarship 2023, Australian scholarships for international students 2023 undergraduate, fully funded scholarships in Australia for international students 2023, Australia awards scholarship 2024 application form, australian awards scholarship 2024 application form pdf.
Australia awards scholarship 2024
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop the skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to development in their own countries.
Benefits of Australia awards scholarship 2024
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance–a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which have a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Applicants who want to accept an Australia Awards Scholarship will need to sign a contract with the Commonwealth of Australia declaring that they will comply with the conditions of the scholarship.
Scholars are required to leave Australia for a minimum of two years after completing their scholarship. Failure to do so will result in the scholar incurring a debt for the total accrued cost of their scholarship.
Eligible for the Australian Awards Scholarships 2024-25
Australia’s international development assistance in Africa helps promote prosperity, reduce poverty, and enhance political stability. The following countries are eligible:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- The Gambia
How to apply for an Australia Awards scholarship 2023-2024.
Before you apply:
- Check the opening and closing dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. See the participating countries page for opening and closing dates.
- If you intend to apply, you must read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook. The handbook provides information including general eligibility requirements, selection processes, entitlements and responsibilities. Note that the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade may revise and update the handbook at any time without notice.
- Some countries encourage and allow you to apply online while others require hard-copy applications. See your participating country profile for more information
Refer to your relevant participating country profile for the link to the application portal. Please note that Indonesia and the Philippines do not use the Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS). The link to applications for those countries can be found in their relevant Country Profile.
The last date to submit and complete all the details as well as to Submit the Australia Awards Scholarship application form is 1st May 2023.