Operator 1- Equipment (TSF & Lime Transfer) at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML) _ May 2023
Operator 1- Equipment (TSF & Lime Transfer) at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML). Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents.
The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Operator 1- Equipment (TSF & Lime Transfer) at Geita Gold Mining Limited (GGML
- Position: Operator 1- Equipment (TSF & Lime Transfer)
- Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
- Department: Process Plant
- R Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – TSF & Lime Transfer
- Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To operate day-to-day Process Plant circuits, mainly the Tailings Storage Facility (TSF), lime storage, water dams and water pipes located outside the plant, and any other units within the Process plant. The role holder will maintain high profile in the field and hence promote a safe and productive work environment as per company standards.
- Ordinary level of secondary education or above.
- Must have a valid Tanzanian driving License.
- Must have ability drive manual transmission Light vehicles.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, preferably in gold production.
- At least 1 year experience of large-scale tailings dam.
- Good knowledge of a TSF operation(s).
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Carry out the day-to-day operations of the plant as per set procedures and operational guidelines.
- Attend and participate in crew meetings (toolbox) daily.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping to minimize risks.
- Carry out inspections of the work environment (including equipment, machinery, water/slurry pipes, pumps, etc) and report all defects to his/her supervisor.
- Conduct safety and workplace inspections, including hazard identification, incident reporting.
- Adhere to all safe working practices and procedures with regards to process plant operations.
- Ensures SOPs are strictly adhered to, and operating Instructions are followed.
- Good knowledge of computer applications.
- Fluency in Swahili or English.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply by clicking APPLY button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names, and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1- Equipment (TSF & Lime Transfer)”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 23rd May 2023 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing speakupAGA@ethics-line.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com